United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that reminds me - years ago I heard such a funny joke to do with him and his demise - to do with trying to adjust his TV aerial to see a big footy match. Can anyone recall it and remind me - the phrase Hull going down was part of it and I'm sorry, but I I think it was a Utd match!
99 ucl final I believe

Thank fuck I read your post, I was about to post the same kind of thing. I firmly believe the younger players will just think 'oh, please fuck off'. The way Scholes was going on about him last night you have to think that the younger players don't even want his ilk around either. I bet they're bored fucking shitless of the Crass of 92 as well.
Next year it will be 30 years ago.

30 years, almost 2 generations. 2 generations of which at least 1 will know almost nothing of them.

me, yes I remember them, but I’m a middle aged FOC. I’m not the ‘Disney’ generation woowar talked about.

that past … is as long ago as the Kennedy assassination was to 1992. It’s almost irrelevant… ‘win nothing with kids’ is a sound bite from the past.
’Aguerrrrrrooooo’…in 20 more years, it’ll be more of a sound bite… and irrelevant to the next 2 generations.

wallowing in the past is for FOC and stat nerds (raises own hand, waves and smiles nervously), now it’s the ‘look at me posing’ generation…. And no one wants to look at the hasbeens and hangers on from 1992… the future is now and is happening now, as it always has and always will.

United aren’t here and now and haven’t been for almost a decade. Whether that changes in future, who knows, but currently it’s just grasping at the past and going ‘look at what we used to do (for 2 decades)’ in exactly the same way as Liverpool for 2 decades before them.

/rant off

Oh that reminds me - years ago I heard such a funny joke to do with him and his demise - to do with trying to adjust his TV aerial to see a big footy match. Can anyone recall it and remind me - the phrase Hull going down was part of it and I'm sorry, but I I think it was a Utd match!
A few years ago on holiday we had a day trip included on the bus.Notable attractions were where Rod fell off his roof, and where a tv wrestler lived,,,Jackie Pallo or Mick Mcmanus fkn riviting it was lol

A few years ago on holiday we had a day trip included on the bus.Notable attractions were where Rod fell off his roof, and where a tv wrestler lived,,,Jackie Pallo or Mick Mcmanus fkn riviting it was lol

that sounds like a spoof tv show with Peter Kay playing all the parts.

30 years, almost 2 generations. 2 generations of which at least 1 will know almost nothing of them.

me, yes I remember them, but I’m a middle aged FOC. I’m not the ‘Disney’ generation woowar talked about.

that past … is as long ago as the Kennedy assassination was to 1992. It’s almost irrelevant… ‘win nothing with kids’ is a sound bite from the past.
’Aguerrrrrrooooo’…in 20 more years, it’ll be more of a sound bite… and irrelevant to the next 2 generations.

wallowing in the past is for FOC and stat nerds (raises own hand, waves and smiles nervously), now it’s the ‘look at me posing’ generation…. And no one wants to look at the hasbeens and hangers on from 1992… the future is now and is happening now, as it always has and always will.

United aren’t here and now and haven’t been for almost a decade. Whether that changes in future, who knows, but currently it’s just grasping at the past and going ‘look at what we used to do (for 2 decades)’ in exactly the same way as Liverpool for 2 decades before them.

/rant off
And rags used to always take the piss out of scousers for living in the past /talking about their history

/rant off

The problem is you can rely on sky and the BBC to keep on churning out documentaries on them and Liverpool. Last night and today we've had an almost two hour one on the rags with Cantona narrating a lot of it, talk about brainwashing. Then one about George Best. We've had the class of 92, Salford City and Liverpool 30 years in the making. I don't recollect them making one about us after a 44 year wait for the title.

They keep on pushing these programmes, all sentimentally done to attract new fans, they make them out to be like a religious thing rather than a football club. Brainwashing and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.