Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

We got what we deserved, fuck all, that was fucking woeful, biggest game of the season and we played like fucking Rochdale

I'm sure everyone's already mentioned this, but it's not just that no Rodri or Fernandinho exposes the defence (they could have had more than one if they weren't so shit at finishing), it's that you've taken the best goalscoring midfielder in the world this season and put him in a position where he's not a threat.

Starts Sterling out of absolutely nowhere, doesn’t include an in form Fernandinho.
Took the confidence right out of the fans and probably the players.

Spot on, we have loads of guys doing analysis, but none bothered to to tell Pep that Sterling has been off form for 8 months, and it showed today, his touch was woeful and James had him in his pocket all game.
Gundogan is our top scorer this season, but not playing behind KDB, Silva and Foden.
Fernandinho has been on form and our best DM when he's played, and with the full backs pushing so high we bloody needed him.

I was no secret how Chelsea would play, they'd done it twice in the last month, so why set up and let them do it again.

It's not the first time Pep has done this, the league could have been wrapped up three games sooner and an FA cup semi final won had Pep not tried to be a smart arse.

He's brilliant, won us three leagues out of four, but he can be really frustrating at time.

The summer will be fun, a few players could be on their way, would we miss Mendy, Sterling and Jesus based on this seasons form?

I am not going to be too hard on the team.

The fucking manager said to them before the game " i dont trust you,i am changing our winning system"

They never really got to grips playing that ridiculous "ZERO MIDFIELD" system.

He unsurped Phil to accommodate Sterling.

There was times in that first half when Sterling and Marhez were just stood on the touch lines waiting for Balls out wide, the full backs Zinchenko /Walker were confused not knowing what to do, because it was a different system. It was a fucking abomination of a team selection. The players look both exposed perplexed and confused.

Only be the grace of God we were not 2,3 - 0 down at half time. And still he refuses to accept he got it majorly wrong.

Last 10 minutes of the game a Valiant effort, too little, too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.