#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than his average technical ability,his game is just so poncey,when we need bollocks he isn't the man.Whar the fuck is that constant going down in all fours all about?

I still think there’s no one better in the game than Sterling for scoring tap ins. I don’t actually mean that in a disrespectful way either. Being in the right place at the right time is a skill in itself.

Sadly, the false 9 formation doesn’t produce many chances for him. He ends up having the ball at his feet which isn’t his strong point.

Maybe adding Kane or Haaland would change that.

I still think there’s no one better in the game than Sterling for scoring tap ins. I don’t actually mean that in a disrespectful way either. Being in the right place at the right time is a skill in itself.

Sadly, the false 9 formation doesn’t produce many chances for him. He ends up having the ball at his feet which isn’t his strong point.

Maybe adding Kane or Haaland would change that.
No,he is great at getting in those areas but that doesn't make up for the rest of his game.As you say,we rately play to his strengths anymore and he doesn't have the tools to adjust.

No,he is great at getting in those areas but that doesn't make up for the rest of his game.As you say,we rately play to his strengths anymore and he doesn't have the tools to adjust.

I think it does make up for the rest of his game when he gets on the scoresheet. There’s also the factor that Raheem’s movement often makes space for other forwards to thrive in.

You’ve hit the nail of the head with the last bit. Ever since Pep moved him to the left his performances and goal output has decreased.

When he got the captains armband it was just a resounding sense of confusion from me. I don’t understand the psychology of playing him today whilst playing him solely to rest other players in our tough part of the season a few weeks back. He was better than Mahrez tbh but it just didn’t make sense.

Two moments summed Raheem up.

World class long pass from Ederson and Raz’s first touch was shit and it allowed James in to nick the ball away from him.

Took James on up the wing but is so insecure about using his left foot to dribble with the ball, he moved his body so the ball was on his right foot but that let James in to win the ball back.

Two huge opportunities at 0-0 to epitomise exactly why Raheem has now become just a squad player for City. He should not be starting big games like tonight in a position where Foden has become arguably the best left forward and best young player in world football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say I'm now in the "sell him if we can camp". I'll always be grateful to him for what he's done over the last 4 years but I think he needs a new challenge.

If Raz does sign a new deal then he will stay and I would of no problem if he did he is still a valuable squad player to have. However if he isn't prepared to do that then move him on in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.