#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for him. This season I’ve already gone through the frustration stage, through the denial stage, through the acceptance stage - now I just feel bad that he was thrown into that side for whatever reason Pep dreamed up.

To be fair to Raz, he was actually lively in that first half, and though his end product was par for the course for him this season; it was more than the rest of the midfield out there.

Needs a break and needs a good Euros. Off the back of that - he needs to earn his renewal, and his place back, or make a move to pastures new.

Before the game i was disappointed with his inclusion, i dont think he deserved to start a Champs league final ahead of Dinho or even Aguero , but he was far from our worst player and did try to take his man on .Mahrez, Bernardo and Gundo fell short in that department tonight , without a DM we smiply were not brave enough

I actually thought he was one of our better players in the first half, not that that’s saying much. At least he offered something of a threat. Faded badly in the second half, but you can’t lay the blame for tonight at his feet. Everyone was bad.
True but we changed the way we play to suit him and to make things go through him so no surprise it was all around him

I think his chance sums him up. Great run, poor touch, loses chance to shoot. That's Raheem all season.

Should never have started. Not his fault but a very hopeful move by Pep when logical/methodical was how we should have approached things.

A Chelsea team that has had to work hard for the past month... go for the same 11 that beat PSG. Drag them about, keep the ball, be wary and ready for the counter and then wear them down. Late on introduce the pace of Sterling/Jesus to stretch them.

It is what it is. I don't feel like he's not trying, so I can't be angry with him. If he was putting up half-arsed performances (like Leroy did for a lot of 18/19), it would be a different story. He didn't choose the system or the team selection and honestly he didn't even play particularly badly, so like others in this thread have already said, you can't blame him for tonight.

I do think it may be time for him and the club to part ways - it looks like he's out of ideas and the team has evolved tactically in a way that no longer suits him. Again, I'm not angry at him at all and will always love and respect him for all he's given us over the years. Just one of those where it feels like his time here has run its course. I'll admit I said the same thing about Stones last summer and he came back and proved me wrong, and tbf there's a chance Raz could do the same, but as I said, I feel like there's been a tactical evolution that's left him the odd man out and as opposed to Stones it's not as simple as him just slotting right back into the XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.