#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s always had shit feet, a shit touch and a shit finish.
It’s remarkable that he genuinely was one of our key players for so long. I can’t remember what he used to be good at
He was good at first time finishes that didn't allow him time to think or hesitate, which we don't create for him anymore because we've got the best creative midfielder in the world playing as a false 9 with his back to goal, and the winger opposite of him inverts and shoots instead of crossing to him for a tap in like Leroy would. The system does not suit him. He is still good for runs in behind and drawing fouls but there's no one in the box for him to pass to when he does get in behind, and it's not like we'd score any penalties he'd win for us anyway.

Just watching a few highlights, and even his best moments still show just how poor he is technically. Firstly the awful first touch from the Ederson through ball in the opening minutes. Then he almost fucks up a really simple layoff to De Bruyne in the build up to the Foden chance. I’m not even sure how he did it, but his pass actually bounced up off the turf and hit De Bruyne in the knee. Then finally the shot that bounced up and hit Reece James’ body and arm - he strikes the ball really poorly and it’s going well wide.

On his current form I think he's absolutely shit.

Why Pep thought he should play is beyond me.

It's not just his selection but that so many other players had to be played out of position to accommodate him.
Agree. I dont blame raheem, he was picked and did his best. His best just isnt anywhere near good enough and his inclusion means we lose foden wide where hes been dynamite. We become much weaker.

I dont want to see Sterling in a City shirt next season.

Think we should cash in, before his value plummets to a point where we might need to pay him off,just to get him off the payroll.

He has zero redeeming qualities.

Horrible Ball control,horrible first touch, if he has time to think he loses all composure,his crossing is more miss than hit,he loses the Ball that often he sets up more counters for the opposition than he does for us.

His form has fallen of a Cliff,a change will be good for him and us.Arsenal will reward him with the long term mediocrity his declining form deserves..

Why would you be astonished? He played to tonight when he’s been shit and was handed the captains band. Absolutely he’ll get another contract. He’s peps favourite.
Weird i know.

I didn't even think he was a Pep type player.He loses Ball possession,so often,and breaks down so many moves with shit aimless passes to no one.

Pep used to hook Leroy Sane for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.