#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fucking sick of Sterling and just as sick of this thread. I am sick of seeing the same 3 or 4 people defending the indefensible, because they fucking decided early on that they were backing him no matter what. Sometimes, you just have to call it as it is and to watch him “perform” like this and still be defended by the same people on here is a fucking joke. If you can’t ever change your opinion and give an honest opinion, your opinion is fucking worthless.
100% agree mate, but the blame is on Pep for this final. He's the one who selected Sterling, mind boggling not to go with a DM. At least play 3-5-2 if he's that scared of Chelsea.

No need for racial abuse ever.

No idea why Walker would be singled out for any abuse.He at least looked like he cared.
Pondlife scum don't need a reason to be racist it's just something they use to pick their targets but it could be anyone.

This might be an unpopular view but is it time the media stop reporting on every incident now? I'm in no way shape or form labelling any blame on anybody and I'm not saying we should ignore it either. It should still be reported to the authorities and dealt with but I'm convinced the majority of these dicks do this purely for the attention it brings now.

We've got a mixture of real racist scum and people who are doing it for notoriety and whilst I understand the need to call this kind of thing out and it doesn't fix the problem I do think if there was a collective decision to not give these racists comments any airtime we would see a decline in incidents.

This might be an unpopular view but is it time the media stop reporting on every incident now? I'm in no way shape or form labelling any blame on anybody and I'm not saying we should ignore it either. It should still be reported to the authorities and dealt with but I'm convinced the majority of these dicks do this purely for the attention it brings now.
It definitely should be ignored, but the media don't give a shit about racism, they only give a shit about clicks. It's been well known for decades, for example, that minimizing any stories about mass shootings would prevent future mass shootings, but the media don't care about doing that, they only care about views. Someone sending racist abuse on Twitter isn't even something that requires them to get off their chair to write a story. Easy content for lazy journalists.

Shot accuracy just measures if the shot was on target. Tame shots straight at the goalkeeper are accurate, powerful strikes that beat the goalkeeper but come back off the inside of the post are not. It's not entirely worthless, but it doesn't tell you a whole lot without further context.

The standard we need to hold Sterling to is his own peak performance. Here's Sterling's goals+assists per minute in the Premier League over the last few seasons:

17/18 - goal or assist every 89 minutes
18/19 - goal or assist every 103 minutes
19/20 - goal or assist every 127 minutes
20/21 - goal or assist every 149 minutes
Saw this yesterday, no matter what anyone thinks of Sterling, that is a trend we should be concerned about.

I was astounded to see him start but once we got going I thought "oh right, he looks in the mood", couple of nice runs attacking the full back etc.

Sadly, he then just reverted to normal, stopped trying to get past the defender, opting for simple backward or sideways passes. As for falling onto the ball, what's that all about.

Opportunity to step up and dish out large quantities of humble pie last night, simply not taken.

Still pissed off he managed to start, obvious to everybody what he was gonna offer.

Just a terrible footballer, hopefully gets fucked off in the summer.

I think he has lost his hunger. When he.was younger he was angry, tough and determined on top of speed and some skill. Now he seems to be going through the motions. Time for a new challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.