#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has brought us great success but I feel he is on a downwards spiral and needs to be moved on, hopefully for a huge fee.

Game on game he looks like a timid wee boy. I honestly think he is City's poorest winger right now. He needs to concentrate on commercial shite less and more on the training field.

As for starting, with his current shite form, with Sergio on the bench was inexcusable.

Sterling has brought us great success but I feel he is on a downwards spiral and needs to be moved on, hopefully for a huge fee.

Game on game he looks like a timid wee boy. I honestly think he is City's poorest winger right now. He needs to concentrate on commercial shite less and more on the training field.

As for starting, with his current shite form, with Sergio on the bench was inexcusable.
Agree he needs to be moved on but, in a pandemic rid society, getting a high value for him will be difficult, especially one playing like he is.

Maybe consider cutting our cloth differently to move him out

I have defended him all season but maybe it is time to have a rethink, not that I thought he was the reason we lost, he had a good spell in the first half tbh but ultimately he has been badly out of form for a long time now.

Out of form yet still gets picked. First few minutes looked promising - got in behind then James had him for the whole game. No idea why it wasn’t switched up, maybe Foden could have offered something different to their right side.

Just seemed like he ‘thought’ he could do the Walker special of tap it past a very quick / strong James and run him, didn’t work the whole 90, once the knocking it past didn’t work he reverted to his cut back, sideways backwards, same when he plays AWB he seems to struggle when he’s found out early now.

No idea what the falling on the ball was about but the ref wasn’t having any of that.

Just watching a few highlights, and even his best moments still show just how poor he is technically. Firstly the awful first touch from the Ederson through ball in the opening minutes. Then he almost fucks up a really simple layoff to De Bruyne in the build up to the Foden chance. I’m not even sure how he did it, but his pass actually bounced up off the turf and hit De Bruyne in the knee. Then finally the shot that bounced up and hit Reece James’ body and arm - he strikes the ball really poorly and it’s going well wide.
Agree totally, imagine if that was mahrez, one touch and gets a shot off, sterling lost control, chance gone

Wasn’t his fault he was picked, and did his best but was totally nullified by Reece James (why Pep didn’t switch his position, or take him off earlier, fuck knows), and I’ve been a huge fan in the past and appreciated his contribution massively

.. but I hope we sell this summer, we’ve seen the best in a city shirt. Time to free some wages & a squad space up for something new, especially with 2 years left on his deal which is the time to sell& recoup some ££ (I have no idea how much though, a couple of years ago there were rumours of Madrid for 80-100M.. Madrid/Barca now are potless it seems and not sure he’d have that many top suitors anyway after this season)

Can somebody with a bit more football knowledge then myself please explain to me why the fuck Sterling started this game ?

I have been scratching my head for the last hour and i am struggling to find a logical answer!
Pep thought he did a master-class and Sterling would be our match winner in a big game (which he hardly has in his time here).

seems most right backs can easily defend against Sterling. Rarely beats a man

The right backs easily get into his head, one bad tackle and whole game Sterling tries too hard to get back at the defender ending with more frustration and the cycle continues.
He has just given Reece James a lifelong legacy ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.