Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

Has anybody had issues getting into the UK with the 72 hour/3 day thing?
Nobody asked for it.

Edit: Having said that they stuck a barcode on the back of my passport at the test which might have been scanned at passport control, or possibly when I showed it at check in on the journey out it might have been loaded into the system.

Last edited:
Landed in Liverpool about 45 mins ago. Only checked my passport. Didn't ask anything about the UK locator form (and therefore the day 2 test) or my negative test result.

Absolute shambles.
I asked at Manchester whether the border control person wanted to see the paperwork everyone had said we must have, but she just took passport number and said everything was on the system linked to it.

Before we got off the plane in Manchester one of the cabin crew said when you get off there will be someone there to check your temperature and check your passenger location information, only thing that was checked was passport, never got through passport control so quick before

Flew back from Lisbon to Heathrow. Technically I’m in transit before flying home to the USA on Tuesday. The check in staff said I needed a day 2 test booking, with proof, in order to fly. And that my PLF was completed incorrectly. I told them I didn’t, and it wasn’t, and provided the official rules on the GOV.UK website. 45 minutes later, after they’ve phoned multiple people, including the officials in UK, they apologized, told me I was correct, and issued my boarding card. Talk about stressful!

Upon arrival in UK they were splitting people in to two lines; one line had random PLF checks, the other went straight to passport control. I was in the latter and had no problems.

17230fc13a850fb370a71d5e7d3cb30e.png

Last edited:
Shite never made it today the PCR test company emailed apologising and sent my 139 back
They are not interested re my match ticket taxis and day 2 Covid test losses
I am considering taking them to the small claims court for breach of contract as a matter of principle
Jesus that's bad, I'd be on the phone with the citizens advice bureau first thing tomorrow.

I asked at Manchester whether the border control person wanted to see the paperwork everyone had said we must have, but she just took passport number and said everything was on the system linked to it.
If that's genuinely the case, then fair enough, but I'm sceptical our systems are that efficient. I went to Poland last August and had not filled in the passenger locator form when coming back and they waved me through then too.

Apologies for being thick but, having blundered my way through to this stage I'd hate to fall at the final hurdle, so: Does "on or before" mean that, having returned on Sunday, I can take my Day 2 test today ie day 1 and don't have to wait until tomorrow?

Apologies for being thick but, having blundered my way through to this stage I'd hate to fall at the final hurdle, so: Does "on or before" mean that, having returned on Sunday, I can take my Day 2 test today ie day 1 and don't have to wait until tomorrow?

It means take it Sunday , Monday or Tuesday.

Mine is not even getting here until Tuesday, they sent it Friday for delivery next working day even though I paid for it 10 day earlier. If I miss the Special Delivery it will have to wait another day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.