We really do have the best fans in the world.

I think anyone who went to all of the hassle & expense of going to Portugal should be lauded, not slagged off due to a lack of atmosphere.
We have an older & loyal fanbase than most clubs, most people in their 50's and above will not act like they did in their teens or 20's.
It's just the way it is, us oldies need more nap time :)

where i was sitting, it was quite noisy throughout 1 st half, plenty of singing, start of 2nd half was ok then faded as time went by, then picked up again when dino and aguero came on, unfortunately when everyone is spaced so far apart the sound is lost, and knowing likes of bt they probably had most of their mikes near the chelsea fans

I wasn't there and had the tv on mute so can't comment on the fans other than to state my admiration for the effort each and every one of them put in just to get there.

What I would say is that, with the best will in the world, fans need something to get them excited and the team selection, particularly the inclusion of Sterling, got things off to a bad start. Then, after 10 minutes or so, the writing was on the wall and it wasn't as if any player produced a single moment to generate excitement or even remotely suggest that we were threatening the Chelsea goal. If our fans were quieter than theirs, it's hardly a surprise.

where i was sitting, it was quite noisy throughout 1 st half, plenty of singing, start of 2nd half was ok then faded as time went by, then picked up again when dino and aguero came on, unfortunately when everyone is spaced so far apart the sound is lost, and knowing likes of bt they probably had most of their mikes near the chelsea fans
It certainly wasn’t great at times but anyone saying Chelsea fans were the only ones singing for 90 minutes needs to give their head a wobble. City were way louder during the warm-up and bang on it once the game kicked off. Sure, it petered out and the Chelsea fans found their voices but they weren’t going at it all game. Plenty of times they went quiet too. And I bet if the match had not gone their way, they’d have been quiet as mice.

Didn't hear anything from them until the last 15 minutes - assume you watched it on the telly?
Yes this is correct BT for some reason had all their effect mikes at the Chelsea end - it was noticeable that prior to the match they only showed images of their end. Cynic in me says that was done on purpose but f*** em' their coverage is shit anyway!

I wasn't there and had the tv on mute so can't comment on the fans other than to state my admiration for the effort each and every one of them put in just to get there.

What I would say is that, with the best will in the world, fans need something to get them excited and the team selection, particularly the inclusion of Sterling, got things off to a bad start. Then, after 10 minutes or so, the writing was on the wall and it wasn't as if any player produced a single moment to generate excitement or even remotely suggest that we were threatening the Chelsea goal. If our fans were quieter than theirs, it's hardly a surprise.

we should also get behind the side when we aren’t playing well. We used to be great at that. Can’t just only sing when we play well

We were constantly trying to get things going in the second half, as were others, I don't like criticising our support but most didn't want to know. The team wasn't the only thing that didn't perform on Saturday unfortunately.
Agree that it was difficult to get it going at times. I tried on numerous occasions and normally being the noisy fucker that I am, I can get it going a lot of the time but it seemed a lot harder on Saturday. There will still a fair few chants that started elsewhere and carried across the whole support though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.