Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ, don't think I could cope with another lockdown.

Surely everyone now knows zero covid is not a possibility. For the sake sake of my mental health, no more lockdowns, surely vaccines was the key, if not we are fucked with endless lockdowns
It's one thing innoculating a population who have no exposure to a novel virus, whilst the novel virus is circulating, and then innoculating the population with a booster. At least I hope it is.

What news article was that? Are you sure it was not a year old? I Googled and could not find one saying this.

Nowhere in the UK has a Pop of 900 right now or anywhere near. Bolton is only a third of that and Blackburm aroumd half.

One good thing about this wave versus January when much of the SE was over 1000. Nobody is that high.

Tameside as you see above is the lowest in GMs 10 boroughs.

Zoe App suggested it was the worst in the UK from data collected locally as I have beem reporting for a couple of weeks in my Zoe App data posts in here every day here.

But they gave up this over a week ago realising there was a glitch caused by too few people in the area knowing what an app was perhaps?

In any case it was glaringly obvious it was nonsense from the moment they reported this as I said in the Zoe reports here two weeks back and they soon figured that out and removed the data.

In any case Tameside is in reality the only GM borough right now not really in any trouble. Though even here has risen via the variant from 3 cases 2 weeks ago to 11 last week to 28 today - but in GM terms that is very good!

Manchester in the same period has gone 49 to 74 to 210. And Salford 8 to 28 to 122. And Stockport 8 to 15 to 102.

Would love to see the artcle claming Tameside is worse than those.
It was on Crux news app i think, or Breaking news app, it definitely mentioned Zoe app

The facts are:
- Hospitalisations barely up.
- Deaths slightly down.
If this keeps up for two weeks, then regardless of cases, we need to open up completely.
Any one who hasn't been vaccinated and is at-risk - then tough - you had your opportunity. You need to isolate

Last edited:
Rhe facts are:
- Deaths slightly down.
If this keeps up for two weeks, then regardless of cases, we need to open up completely.
Any one who hasn't been vaccinated and is at-risk - then tough - you had your opportunity. You need to isolate
and what about those of us who haven't been offered a vaccine and don't know whether we're at risk because we're young enough for any underlying conditions to have manifested yet?

****'s mentality.

Rhe facts are:
- Deaths slightly down.

it takes 3-4 weeks from infection point to turn into deaths

It’s only these last few days infections have rocketed from 2/3000 to 5/6000 with the now Indian Variant being the dominant strain.

hopefully the vaccines are working wonders and will keep the hospitalisations and deaths at a minimum but the full picture won’t be till a few weeks.

As posted upthread, hospitalizations are tracking cases, at ~half the rate they were before vaccination. Hopefully that will reduce, but it gives plenty of scope to have a huge impact on the NHS with another major wave.

Any one who hasn't been vaccinated and is at-risk - then tough - you had your opportunity.

If hospitals are full of the unvaccinated, they're still full. Which is "tough" on everyone with a non COVID condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.