PFA Awards | De Bruyne and Foden win POTY and YPOTY

Hahaha oh my.

That is a shocker from the PFA. We have had plenty of years when we deserved a winner and didn't get it, but KDB had no business winning it this year.

A good reminder that players are suckers for reputation as much as anyone else.

Good for Kev though, he deserves to have 2, he's just won this one in the wrong year.

Kevin De Bruyne has been named PFA Player of the Year for the second successive season.

MEN'S TEAM

Foden voted PFA Young Player of the Year​

The Belgian becomes just the third player to win back-to-back awards, following Thierry Henry and Cristiano Ronaldo.
DOWNLOAD THE MAN CITY APP
It was another fine campaign for the City midfielder, who was a key figure in our Premier League and Carabao Cup successes, playing 40 matches across all competitions, scoring 10 goals and assisting a further 18.
Indeed, he also played a crucial role in our run to the Champions League final, scoring in the last-16, quarter-final and semi-final stage.
Voted for by his fellow professionals, the prestigious award recognises De Bruyne’s sustained excellence throughout the campaign, which also saw him named in the PFA's Team of the Year for the third time.

WOMEN'S TEAM

Lauren Hemp named PFA Women’s Young Player of the Year for second successive season​

“It’s crazy!” De Bruyne said in reaction to winning successive awards.
“You talk about two legends in the game – one of the best strikers ever [Henry] and one of the top two players in the world [Ronaldo], so to do the same thing as them is crazy.
“I really enjoy playing in this team. I signed a new contract knowing the playing style.
“I am really happy here. We compete for every trophy and that suits my competitive nature.
“The team has been unbelievable and push me to my best level every day.”
Director of Football Txiki Begiristain says winning back-to-back awards is testament to his enduring brilliance.

[IMG alt="
De Bruyne wins PFA Player of the Year for second time
"]https://mediacdn.mancity.com/cf/media/uugpumz2/kevin-de-bruyne-pfa-poty.jpg[/IMG]

“We are so pleased to see Kevin collect this award again.
“To win it once is a superb achievement – but to win in successive seasons is special. Only the very best manage that.
“He is a world-class player who produces really high-quality performances on a consistent basis.
“Kevin’s influence off the field is growing, too. Not only is he a player who can influence matches and produce key moments with his technical quality, he is a leader for this football club and a shining example to our young players of how to behave if you want to be a top professional.
“We are very proud of him and I am sure he will continue at this level for many years.”
Everyone at Manchester City is delighted for Kevin and we would all like to send our congratulations on another well-deserved accolade.

The KDB brand is huge, face of the league stuff. That’s why he gets votes. Gotta sting for Kane, hopefully it’ll help push him towards us

Jheez hahaha, love kev but there’s 2/3 players that could’ve and probably should’ve won the award ahead of him... and that’s just in our side lol

Hahaha oh my.

That is a shocker from the PFA. We have had plenty of years when we deserved a winner and didn't get it, but KDB had no business winning it this year.

A good reminder that players are suckers for reputation as much as anyone else.

Good for Kev though, he deserves to have 2, he's just won this one in the wrong year.
Should have been Dias or Gundogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.