Covid and travel discussion

jet 2 would refund though if its not green

surely that would only apply once they cancel the holiday. Holidays in August are not cancelled yet and holiday has to be paid in full by a certain date. If you have only paid the deposit and not paid the remaining balance by a certain date you will lose the deposit.

surely that would only apply once they cancel the holiday. Holidays in August are not cancelled yet and holiday has to be paid in full by a certain date. If you have only paid the deposit and not paid the remaining balance by a certain date you will lose the deposit.
thats what i meant pay it and if it goes ahead great if not you get it back

I know it wasn't asked to me but I'll give my opinion if you don't mind.

It depends what you're after really. It's quite a bit quieter than Patong but still has a decent selection of bars and restaurants and is only a few minutes away from Patong if you want more lively. Have to be careful in the sea at Kamala though as there are undercurrents and most years there are a few drownings (same with Surin on the other side). It's nice enough but it wouldn't be my choice personally. Again it depends what you are looking for.

Phuket is a small enough island that nothing is really too far away.

Much appreciated not been there for a good few years and stayed at Patong then Karon and Kate after that.
Where would you recommend?
And is weather shite until November

Much appreciated not been there for a good few years and stayed at Patong then Karon and Kate after that.
Where would you recommend?
And is weather shite until November
It really depends what you are looking for.

Weather is hit and miss from now until November. You could get unlucky and get a week of solid rain. More usually you get mainly sun with a few heavy downpours that dry up quickly.

Part of me feels sorry for those in Portugal but tbh only a small part, daft sods.

I certainly have some sympathy.

Yet again the Government fuck normal people over.
No warnings as previously stated.
No watchlist as previously stated.
Being very coy and evasive about the data they are apparently following.
Last summer we all knew it was a bit of a bullet dodging process with the air corridors, but the Gov said they wanted to try and avoid that whole farce again this summer.
And yet at the first opportunity they opt to repeat the farce.

People travelled to Portugal in good faith (as is possible at the moment), and have been left scrambling again after the pricks in charge randomly pull the rug yet again.

It's very easy to be dismissive of it all, and condemn people for having the audacity to fly abroad, but these people did absolutely nothing wrong, just like going down the pub/restaurant isn't doing anything wrong.

I will caveat the above that people do need to travel abroad with their eyes open at the moment, and I'm sure articles will surface over summer with some idiots bleating to the press about ''how could this happen'', in which case my sympathy would be in short supply. Expect the unexpected.

Would you recommend Kamala for a couple of weeks holiday?

I prefer the south of the island where many of us retired FOC's are, they call it Gods waiting room :-(
My recommendation would be to see as much of Phuket as possible, there are great beaches, restaurants and bars all down the west coast, including Kamala.
Doubt the tourists will flock back in huge numbers when they do eventually open up so probably best time to visit, imho.

It's very easy to be dismissive of it all, and condemn people for having the audacity to fly abroad, but these people did absolutely nothing wrong, just like going down the pub/restaurant isn't doing anything wrong.

Only this and like many both secretly yearn for better days ahead. No greater feeling than boarding the big bird in the Sky for adventures new. Paradise Falls here we come.

Claes Rosen Remix:

Last edited:
This exactly and imagine I'm there say on day 2 of a 14 night holiday and the powers that be pull the plug and tell me I have to be home in 4 days or I isolate for 10. My middle lad starts big school I will not have him missing the first day. It was a wedding I was going for but after this Portugal fiasco where the government said it would give proper notice, I think I will leave it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.