Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times are reporting the next lifting of restrictions will be delayed between 2 weeks to a month, with the aim of removing restrictions by the summer holidays now.
Well we are booked for a day on the lash on the 21st June and we are still going, getting fucking stupid now, summer holidays that’s a good one, no one is going away, just kids been sent home for 6 weeks. Personally I’d keep the kids in school to catch up, teachers will have to take it on the chin this year.

Well we are booked for a day on the lash on the 21st June and we are still going, getting fucking stupid now, summer holidays that’s a good one, no one is going away, just kids been sent home for 6 weeks. Personally I’d keep the kids in school to catch up, teachers will have to take it on the chin this year.
Plenty will be going on holiday over here though to be fair.

Kind of agree on most of the rest of your post though - until I see serious illnesses and deaths increase at a similar rate to cases (as they were before the vaccine rollout) then I feel we have to continue to open up IMO. Covid is never going away completely by the looks of things so we just have to keep on top of it, and we're in a much better place to do that now with the vaccine programmes and better treatments. Just to add that I'm speaking as someone who has been cautious throughout this pandemic.

I agree with most of what you say but that last line shows a lot of ignorance.
teachers have worked hard over the last year.
ask any teacher would they rather work from the classroom or via on line learning ...

George Eustice on Sky this morning saying everyone should holiday at home this year. Distinctly remember Shapps saying exactly the same thing this time last year. 6 weeks later him and his family were holidaying in Spain.

George Eustice on Sky this morning saying everyone should holiday at home this year. Distinctly remember Shapps saying exactly the same thing this time last year. 6 weeks later him and his family were holidaying in Spain.

well the if you had the power to get the airports empty so your family can breeze through for your holiday , you would. ;)

Dutch hospitals have noted that those hospitalized even after two shots tend to be those whose immune systems are already weak; they're thus working on seeing whether a third shot might increase their protection.

Dutch hospitals have noted that those hospitalized even after two shots tend to be those whose immune systems are already weak; they're thus working on seeing whether a third shot might increase their protection.
Boosters? Better still vaccinate with vaccine based on latest strains. There are trials in UK of up to 7 vaccines in pipeline based on GSK, Valneva, Novovax based on SA variant's genome. This should be a better solution.

Health advisers such as Van Tam, Whitty and "Dr H" on GMB do not want this to end.
I get they have to give a worse case scenario but every single time there's some good news they smear it with negativity. We cannot live forever in fear of new variants. In the real world, we need to get back to normality ASAP.
I think there is more to this virus now, maybe some of the conspiracy theories were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.