Raheem Sterling MBE

Congratulations Raheem.

The media will not even realize they formed part of the opposition in the fight that brought you your well deserved award.
CTID.

I have been against the honours system for years.
When the likes of Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris and co have similarly received these awards then who the fuck wants to be in the same company as them?
LS Lowry got it right all those years ago - he holds the record for 5 times turning down different honours including a Knighthood
i was sir peace frog , dont know what happened but i lost my title and 000s of posts , so fuck the honours list unless i get reinstated nobody should get one

i was sir peace frog , dont know what happened but i lost my title and 000s of posts , so fuck the honours list unless i get reinstated nobody should get one
There are weaknesses in the honours system and mistakes are made, but this is certainly not one. Our society has to recognise those who perform great services and those who act as our conscience, reminding us that we can do better, be more civilised and simply get on better together. Raheem has done excellent work in helping us all to pull together and respect each other. Because Savile et al received awards in no way invalidates awards to the truly deserving and in no way means we should not honour Raheem. Well done, Raz, richly deserved and proud you're at our club. And I apologise to you, sir peace frog - the post I hoped to quote was Mad Eyed Screamer's!

Totally against the honours system which is utterly devalued at every level.

But totally delighted for Raheem Sterling, his story from a young age is inspirational , his achievements in his chosen profession are simply outstanding.

He is the perfect modern role model, yet has received appalling and vicious press from the British media , in doing so they should be utterly ashamed.

Let's also not forget the appalling public and media backed hate campaign when he told Liverpool FC his wish to leave the club because he wished to go to a club who could challenge for titles.

He got his wish, has won multiple titles, continued to represent his country and is now rightly rewarded by his country.

Well dome Raheem , a truly inspirational role model, even for an old fart like me.

Well done Raheem. And well done the media for stating Raheem Sterling ex Liverool player gets MBE. They just had to shoehorn that in didn’t they.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.