France v Germany | Euro 2020 Group Stage

After the 2018 disaster in Russia with an incredibly arrogant attitude as defending WC, I think Low is back on track and seems to have implemented a strong team spirit and a confident/aggressive attitude, esp. home in Munich.

I expect France to play like Chelsea in the final and hope Germany won't play City's role... A draw would be fine.

2nd in group F and the route via Rome (QF) to Wembley surely would be the preferable route of the tree. IMO.
Didnt they get hammered 6-0 by spain only a few months ago? Was that just a bad day?

Germany probably will play like this:

Neuer (Bayern)
Ginter (Gladbach) - Hummels (Dortmund) - Rüdiger (Chelsea)
Kimmich (Bayern) - Gündogan (City) - Kroos (Real) - Gosens (Atalanta)
Havertz (Chelsea) - Müller (Bayern) - Gnabry (Bayern)
They might not be as strong as in the past but that's still a hell of a side

France should win this easily and they should be worried in case they didn’t.

After the 2018 disaster in Russia with an incredibly arrogant attitude as defending WC, I think Low is back on track and seems to have implemented a strong team spirit and a confident/aggressive attitude, esp. home in Munich.

I expect France to play like Chelsea in the final and hope Germany won't play City's role... A draw would be fine.

2nd in group F and the route via Rome (QF) to Wembley surely would be the preferable route of the tree. IMO.
Given the two squads I would expect France to be more attacking and Germany to be more pragmatic but could be wrong. France certainly have some decent attacking talent at their disposal.

Didnt they get hammered 6-0 by spain only a few months ago? Was that just a bad day?
Yeah, don't remind me ;)
I think or hope it was the low point and also a signal to finally ask a lot of questions about Low, Bierhoff and FA staff, ongoing. Also Hummel's and Muller's comeback.
The EURO is Low's farewell show and it seems he has the former grit to somehow have a good finish.

Given the two squads I would expect France to be more attacking and Germany to be more pragmatic but could be wrong. France certainly have some decent attacking talent at their disposal.
In terms of the squads maybe, but after decades of quite successful tournaments any German kid knows the importance of the 1st match for the rest of the tournament and I wouldn't be surprised to see a German team with knives between their teeth.
France will be there in case we make silly mistakes.
We'll see. Anything can happen.

There's potential for shithousery in this match. Something lacking so far in this tournament.
Potential for shithousery in this group for sure. 4 points is 100% enough for 3rd place to go through.

Reactions: mat
Better put than my post mate.
I love the French way of shrugging their shoulders in a 'fuck it' gesture.
Spent a lot of time in the South West & in Paris as my Sister lives out there and always had a fantastic time
Been to Paris over a dozen times, Lyon, Bordeaux, il de Ray, and always found them great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.