Bluemoon Angling Thread

This is a hugely inexact science but a perch group I'm in have a length to weight chart. It's fairly meaningless for obvious reasons: when they are full of spawn or full of food they weigh hughly more than a thin fish.

A 17 inch perch like yours comes out on the chart at 2-13. That is a slim, post-spawn perch that you have there so I'd guestimate it to be between 2-4 and 2-8.

It's a magnificent fish and certainly well over 2lb so you should be well pleased.
You know your perch DD and i can't fault your reasoning there pal.

didn't think it was a jack because it plodded, if I'm honest didn't think it was a perch, stayed really low, thought it was a snag at first, I was right under a far bank bush, it was solid until it started moving, my lure must of landed on it's head because it was instant,caught that after about 15 mins, and I was so chuffed not catching again didn't mean anything, I would of loved a pike to go with it, but that scratched my itch, bacon and sausage barm brew, perfect days fishing haha, thrilled
You're right, you can usually tell what you've hooked from the hit and the fight. Pike will hit with a real bang, often you'll see them. Perch will often tap-tap-tap as they chase the lure form behind trying to disable it. Pike swim faster in the water initially, coming up and down the water column and tailwalking, but then give up quick. Perch you can feel them shake the head as they keep lower in the water.

I'm sure I remember us having a conversation when we were both blanking in the winter about how much easier things will when the water warms up. I'm really chuffed for you because you've earned that fish.

Holmstall Hall tomorrow Tarporley
Not been there for a while, 4-30 start so no beers watching that lot tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.