Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoe App data:

Bit of an upturn today after days of slowing down.

Predicted cases up 676 (the rise was just 239 yestetday) - to 17, 393

Ongoing symptomatic cases rise by 8207 (it was up just 6454 yesterday) - to 219, 537

The map of the UK now looks almost fully covered. Only a couple of small areas in Wales on the west and south coast now NOT a shade of pink. It was almost empty 10 days ago untik it spread to North Wales. Conwy in particular.

In the North West Stockport shows its fall in real life here too. Now below several boroughs from being well up. Trafford has risen a lot on Zoe (matching daily real cases) and Tameside too. Bolton though way down to its lowest numbers in a while. Again tracking Gov UK data well.

And Liverpool up again to now above every borough in GM from way below 10 days or so ago.

North Lancashire and Cumbria rising too.

The test events in Liverpool may have been a factor perhaps.

London now has multiple boroughs going up. Including Runnymede - going from Magna Carta to magna cases it sadly seems.

Scotland is the top UK region ahead of the North West as it has been for a few days now. But noth are the only two in dark red. Though many areas now a rung or two below and climbing.

No question this is now a UK wave.

Only been to New York once and it was the only place in a lot of globetrotting where I heard gun fire on the street and stood in awe as everyone ignored a running gun battle on the street opposite,

I asked after the protagonists had fled and was told 'we all just assume these days they are filming Law and Order or some such programme. It happens all the time.

That apparently is not putting lives at risk. But having a vaccine that provably works is?

I feel more threatened in Manchester than NYC. Always felt totally comfortable there and it’s no different from other large cities. Brilliant place.

Scotland data:

0 deaths - was 0 last week

1205 cases - was 1036 last week

At least that is down 4 on yesterday's 1209 looking for any crumbs

5,8% positivity - was 5.0% last week

Great to see queues of people going for vaccines at stadiums all across London, just worry there doesn't seem to be the same kind of drive elsewhere. Are they making more vaccines available down there or is it just a case of getting the word out more?

Think having it at stadiums is a good idea from a "marketing" point of view for young people, reaching out to thousands of fans who will jump at the chance to say they've had it done at their club!

Northern Ireland data

0 deaths - was 0 last week

125 cases - was 70 last week

All we get on a Sunday now.

So deaths from the three nations (we do not get England until the data later on weekends) are 0 versus 1 last week

Nicola has fallen out with the good people of Manchester.
I reported earlier from what was said by Andy Burnham this morning. Previous page.

Or it was.

Maybe too political - although it is about his suggestion to get around letting people from GM holiday in Scotland. Which I think goes beyond politics into the debate on what we do next in the coming weeks as we seek to open up.

As in travel passes for the double vaccinated versus stop all travel from areas with high cases.

We are all going to have to determine the right way to resolve that one soon. All politics aside.

Last edited:
Great to see queues of people going for vaccines at stadiums all across London, just worry there doesn't seem to be the same kind of drive elsewhere. Are they making more vaccines available down there or is it just a case of getting the word out more?

Think having it at stadiums is a good idea from a "marketing" point of view for young people, reaching out to thousands of fans who will jump at the chance to say they've had it done at their club!

There are 7 "walk-in centres" around Greater Manchester. Obviously not on the same scale as Stadiums in London but people are going to them. I would suspect that's the case in all the major cities in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.