Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm not advocating stopping selling seasoncards. I'm advocating managing them differently so rather than a presumption that a seasoncard holder is going to turn up, they have to say they're going to turn up. If they confirm they're not, or don't conform they are, within 3 weeks of a game then their ticket is made available to Matchday members. That way people can pick and choose but the club know what seats are available well enough in advance to be able to have a chance of selling them.

I'd also find a way of rewarding those who do turn up, so the more you attend, the less your ticket costs pro-rata compared to someone who only turns up to fewer games.
What about rewarding those who cannot turn up and say so? Surely they should be credited the value of that game for say next season? Maybe that happens anyway.

Why do you think we often have thousands of empty seats? Why do you think the club is saying they'll not automatically renew tickets that don't attend x number of games?

People don't put their tickets on the exchange, that's the problem. I've seen the numbers and they're pretty bad. Absolutely shocking for some games and that is seasoncard holders not turning up and not listing their tickets. Kids generally can't make midweek games in term-time. Why should they not have seasoncards?

If you don't want empty seats then you have to do something a bit more innovative or radical. Why should someone who lives down south, or in Scotland, be barred from buying a seasoncard just because they can't make midweek games? They want to sit with family, friends or the seats they've sat in for 20 years, with people they may have even sat with at Maine Road.

Typical 'I'm alright Jack attitude'.
Fully appreciate the problem Colin , do you have any ideas on the solution, have there been any discussions or ideas put forward at City Matters?

The majority of seasoncard holders attend every ( or nearly every ) game. Are you seriously City should operate different to every other club in the country and stop selling season cards due to a couple of thousand supporters who can’t make midweek games or supporters that pick and choose the big games.

In my opinion we should use the same system that German clubs use, if don’t attend or your card is not used for more than a third of games you lose the opportunity to renew.

But dearie me, are you seriously proposing to complicate matters for tens of thousands of seasoncard holders that attend every game who would have to buy a ticket for every individual game just to appease the long distance fans that can’t go midweek ??? Never mind the logistics of the club having to sell 50k seats for every individual game, all just to fill a few empty seats for supporters to lazy to use the resale site.

Mind boggling lunacy.
Would it be that complicated if you have an advanced window to reserve your seat you‘d just need to log in and tick a box and the money would be taken from your account. Seems simpler than deciding and putting your ticket up for resale that may or may not sell. If you can’t go you do nothing. As long as the window gives you until any rescheduling is confirmed.
Must admit thought it was a of a mad idea when I first read it the more I think about it the more sense it makes.

Totally Agree. We have had a system which has worked for as long as i remember, if the club are bothered about empty seats then they need to look at ticket prices. Reduce prices and they will soon fill the stadium, if this reduces revenue then increase the capacity, which is what this thread is about, also all supporters should be involved with any changes to ticketing not just small groups, these discussions should go out to all supporters as the majority are totally unaware of what is going on behind the scenes.
Has nothing to do with prices if the seat is never put on sale.

It will be interesting to see the information relating to the new digital season tickets when it comes out. I'm hoping that you'll be able to transfer tickets to Friends and Family similar to what the scousers are proposing. This could be a very flexible way of passing on yer ticket to a mate's phone instantly and without having to meet up (though I realise not everyone have smart phones). Maybe something like this would give people another very easy option rather than simply wasting their seat.

Having to confirm you’re attending within 3 weeks of a game? Can you imagine the chaos that would cause? Far too complicated and would cause murders.
A case in point. On the Wednesday before the home Liverpool match in September 2017, when we won 5 -0, I was told by a consultant surgeon that, as my toe had turned black, it had to be amputated! This meant I couldn't go to the match as it would be too dangerous. The only consolation was that I could go my friend's funeral on the Monday, as I would be under the knife later in the week (some consolation).
Fortunately, I managed to lend my card to another friend, who was extremely grateful. I didn't charge him for it as he gave me a lift to and from Wythenshawe Hospital instead. It would probably not have been sold at such short notice, and another blue got a chance to watch us getting a great result.

A case in point. On the Wednesday before the home Liverpool match in September 2017, when we won 5 -0, I was told by a consultant surgeon that, as my toe had turned black, it had to be amputated! This meant I couldn't go to the match as it would be too dangerous. The only consolation was that I could go my friend's funeral on the Monday, as I would be under the knife later in the week (some consolation).
Fortunately, I managed to lend my card to another friend, who was extremely grateful. I didn't charge him for it as he gave me a lift to and from Wythenshawe Hospital instead. It would probably not have been sold at such short notice, and another blue got a chance to watch us getting a great result.
For the Arsenal home start of Feb 2019, it was the time of year when a lot of people go some type of flu, I put two tickets on ticket exchange due to people pulling out sick around 11am, checked back just before 1.30pm and thousands more had been added, there were 20+ a block. It was a 4.30pm kick off so no sales were allowed after 1.30pm and nearly all vanished.

I wouldn't normally check it, but you could imagine something similar happening at a lot of games.

The club make a decent mark up for most games on the current ticket exchange, I can't see then changing something that makes them money. If they allow people to have a season ticket but not pay for all games then that will cost them money too, and there will be a lot of midweek games with 10k empty not fancying paying median £37 ticket price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.