Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Is this a real problem, we average over 54,000 for our home league games, the attendance record is good for the PL, also the away teams dont always take up their alocation, so that has to be taken into account, the bigger problem is the LC, FAC and CL games in the earlier rounds, this is when we have thousands of empty seats, from a personal point of view this is the real problem, getting people into the ground for these games ?.
Why? Other teams have the same issue, they just don't get reported in the news or regurgitated by other fans back at them. If we got a consistently full house in the early rounds of the LC against a League 1 team (for example) we'd be pretty much unique amongst PL teams.

It’s often nigh on impossible to give tickets away for low profile midweek games.

People who buy off the ticket exchange have wised up to the fact that they can pick and choose their games, particularly since the South Stand extension.

Blues who can only make occasional games because of shift work etc often have a match day Cityzens card
Yeah I appreciate that....but surely you have more chance selling a ticket for £30 instead off £56.

Yeah I appreciate that....but surely you have more chance selling a ticket for £30 instead off £56.
An expanded stadium would mean unattractive fixtures would be even more difficult to shift tickets for. Selling at £30 would mean no ROI for our owner and I don’t feel he is looking at the club as a charity.

How's it a ridiculous idea it looks crap on telly if we're playing a CL game and only 2/3rds of the stand show up. Perfectly good suggestion
It’s because it would affect him personally and he’s the biggest blue possible.

That idea could be implemented right around the ground. Weekend season tickets. It would be taken up by quite a few who live far away, have kids in school or work away a lot etc.

Why? Other teams have the same issue, they just don't get reported in the news or regurgitated by other fans back at them. If we got a consistently full house in the early rounds of the LC against a League 1 team (for example) we'd be pretty much unique amongst PL teams.
We are discussing how season tickets are used and how they operate, I personally dont have an issue, but it is said that empty seats are caused by people not attending league games and waisting their tickets hence causing the issue.

But we average 54,000 in the league, so season tickets work, i dont see swaves of empty seats, yes there are some but not many, the real problem are the cup games, and i agree with you all clubs suffer the same issues.

I remember an awesome 50K v Port Vale and no childish comments from reporters and rival fans. But an excellent 41K v Fulham we were back to being the worst fans in world football. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Most clubs will see a drop in average attendance next season even if from the first game a full house is allowed with no restrictions. People have got out of the habit of going especially for the non important games & awkward KO times. Peoples habits will have totally changed and i cant see many people thinking "not been to a game for years, but now that covid restrictions are over I will go and watch city Vs fulham".

The early cup rounds will struggle as they have been doing for the last few years at every club.

If after a couple of years attendances pick up, it is then well worth expanding the north stand to make a 60k stadium. You dont have to fill the stadium for every game and who gives a toss what the media say. An empty seats doesnt cost the club anything, but a seat that could be sold but no more seats availably loses around £50 revenue.

Yes, but the issue is s/c holders that don’t bother putting them on the exchange so £30 or £56 doesn’t matter and some games the ones with most availability are nearer £30 than £56 .The £56 games aren’t the ones with vacant seats. The problem is getting s/c holders to put them on sale, then we can talk about pricing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.