A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

Further to my post about Bishop Bilsborrow, its most famous alumni was Anthony Burgess the author of "Clockwork Orange". I seem to remember JimHarri mentioned along time ago that he went there as well but not at the same time though. I might be mistaken the grey cells are not so sharp these days. By coincidence Burgess attended my infant school St Edmunds Monsall.

Great site(https://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php?session=pass) for looking at old roads and stuff. South Manchester, early 1900's, the houses only spread out to Hulme, Mosside. It was farms after that. The houses on Prinny park(after the old bus depo)were built around 1920. Same as Prinny rd itself.

Further to my post about Bishop Bilsborrow, its most famous alumni was Anthony Burgess the author of "Clockwork Orange". I seem to remember JimHarri mentioned along time ago that he went there as well but not at the same time though. I might be mistaken the grey cells are not so sharp these days. By coincidence Burgess attended my infant school St Edmunds Monsall.
Burgess went to Xaverian College back when it was a grammar school

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.