Harry Kane

£100 million is far to much for kane because of the injury hit the player can be
maybe a basic transfer fee of £50 million then the rest on targets, like playing time lets say 30 games a season adds £5 million and after the 5 years or so pay spurs a bonus fee

so if kane plays for city for 6 seasons and plays over 30 games each season then city pay spurs another £30 million
Christ, half the forum don't think he'll last 2-3 seasons and you're offering him 6!

Absolutely... the problem is that if it doesn't work out, then you're stuck with Mangala, Mendy, Bony etc, on wages that other clubs can't or won't pay.

If you want the best, you go for Mbappe or Haaland (who both want to be at Real Madrid) or Messi (who wants to be at Barcelona)

If he comes to City, I think he'll do OK, but to be honest, I don't see Harry Kane as the £100m 'marquee' type of player that we should be going for. At the end of the day, I suspect that if he wasn't English, we wouldn't be going for him at much more than £50/60m
Proven goal scorer, top scorer and top assister last year, all whilst being injured and greedy according to some. 166 premier league goals, at Spurs. 2 other time leading goal scorer in the league as well as last season. The weird obsession some have against him because he once put a shit tackle on one of our players actually leaves me speechless at times. He’s the best striker in the league and you’ll look a right tit if he comes because he will score 30 plus goals next season quite comfortably.

Interesting to see how this develops and how much we are prepared to bid before we look elsewhere. Certainly don't want to lose Laporte or Jesus and I am not sure Sterling would go to Spurs. I would offer Ake plus £70m which may be of interest to Spurs.

Personally, I would prefer Haaland, but it looks like Pep wants Kane.

I don't see how Haaland isn't the better choice. Younger, less injury prone, just as good. We can get discount on the sancho sell on clause

"there have been talks leading towards Man City making a formal offer" is such an annoying statement to read because it means fucking nothing. there have been talks leading to talks?

I don't see how Haaland isn't the better choice. Younger, less injury prone, just as good. We can get discount on the sancho sell on clause
Never played in the prem, age is irrelevant with an agent that will try move him on in 3/4 years. Just as good is a wild shout comparing 2/3 years with someone who has been consistently prolific all of their career, in the best league in the world whilst playing for a team that isn’t the best.

Proven goal scorer, top scorer and top assister last year, all whilst being injured and greedy according to some. 166 premier league goals, at Spurs. 2 other time leading goal scorer in the league as well as last season. The weird obsession some have against him because he once put a shit tackle on one of our players actually leaves me speechless at times. He’s the best striker in the league and you’ll look a right tit if he comes because he will score 30 plus goals next season quite comfortably.
I don't doubt for one minute that he would do well wherever he goes. He's a very good player.
I just think we could do better.
My main concern around Kane is his ability to fit into Pep's system - I can't see Pep changing much and it would be up to Kane to adapt his game. In my opinion, he lacks the stamina to play 90 minutes in a Pep team.
As I've said, if he comes to City, he'll get my backing. I would just prefer to sign Haaland or Mbappe.

I don't doubt for one minute that he would do well wherever he goes. He's a very good player.
I just think we could do better.
My main concern around Kane is his ability to fit into Pep's system - I can't see Pep changing much and it would be up to Kane to adapt his game. In my opinion, he lacks the stamina to play 90 minutes in a Pep team.
As I've said, if he comes to City, he'll get my backing. I would just prefer to sign Haaland or Mbappe.
Preference over a signing isn’t an issue for me. We all have our own thoughts. It’s the Kane bashing that gets me which is mostly without much foundation. He’s the best striker in the prem, we are dining at the top table on this kind of transfer but I don’t think Mbappe is off and I reckon Haaland won’t leave this summer. After that when saying we can do better then I don’t think we can and Kane is a machine. Kane has adapted his game several times since first coming through, I don’t see an issue with him adjusting again and he will bang them in for fun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.