City’s 13 academy players in the Euros

Mad Eyed Screamer

I am sure this has been mentioned throughout various Euro threads but needs formally highlighting, given that our academy is much maligned / misrepresented in the media.

Is there a Premier League team that has as many former academy players in the Euros than City?
Just from the 2008 FA Youth Cup winning team (pre take over) there are four players -
Trippier (England), Mak and Weiss (Slovakia) and Boyata (Belguim) which in itself is an incredible achievement.
Then we have Schmeichel (pre take over) for Denmark, Denayer for Belgium and of course Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho with England.
Wayne Hennessey (pre take over) David Brooks and Matt Smith (all Wales), Adrien Rabiot-Provost (France) and Eric Garcia (Spain)
So total of 13 academy players.... anymore?

Nedum Onuhua is commentating for ESPN and Micah Richards for the BBC :D

Last edited:
I am sure this has been mentioned throughout various Euro threads but needs formally highlighting, given that our academy is much maligned / misrepresented in the media.

Is there a Premier League team that has as many former academy players in the Euros than City?
Just from the 2008 FA Youth Cup winning team there are four players -
Trippier (England), Mak and Weiss (Slovakia) and Boyata (Belguim) which in itself is an incredible achievement.
Then we have Schmiechel for Denmark, Denayer for Belgium and of course Phil Foden with England.
That makes seven. Have I missed anyone out?

(Nedum Onuhua is a TV pundit on ESPN!)
And Micah commenting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.