GAA

I doubt very much that it was hurling, not at senior level anyway. Unless you were around in the 1890s!
Could have sworn it was hurling, but record seems to show you are right.
Gaelic footy? Was in about 1965. Maybe a hurling semi. Time plays tricks with the memory. Could be Munster footy final, Kerry won it all thru 60s.
I remember the Guiness!
Even I am not quite old enough for 1891 final.

Last edited:
Could have sworn it was hurling, but record seems to show you are right.
Gaelic footy? Was in about 1965. Maybe a hurling semi. Time plays tricks with the memory. Could be Munster footy final, Kerry won it all thru 60s.
I remember the Guiness!
Even I am not quite old enough for 1891 final.
It would definitely have been gaelic football.

My dad, a Mayo man, had a lifetime (almost) of hurt following his team from over here.

The Sunday afternoons hearing him listening to the game and the inevitable disappointment. The shouts of ‘come on yee whores!’ on a Sunday afternoon used to reverberate around Hulme.

And it even got a mention at his funeral!

Lived in Cork for a time, got into hurling quite a bit, class game. It was the 2013 final + replays, not seen such a buzz around a town even with big City matches.

My dad, a Mayo man, had a lifetime (almost) of hurt following his team from over here.

The Sunday afternoons hearing him listening to the game and the inevitable disappointment. The shouts of ‘come on yee whores!’ on a Sunday afternoon used to reverberate around Hulme.

And it even got a mention at his funeral!
“The Curse” (or “The Excuse” depending on who you talk to!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.