It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all I'm trying to do, pick apart the original 'exclusive' by Romano and the subsequent cowards who decided to run with it also.

You can flip it the other way. We offer Raheem, Spurs say we will do the deal if it includes him, and Raheem tells us, 'Nah, I ain't go there'.

Does anyone really believe City would operate in such a way that they make this offer without having a firm idea that Sterling would want his name in the equation?

City's business for Kane won't be predicated on us perhaps wanting to move certain players on, yet hoping for the best those surplus to requirements are on the same page.

I'll come back to my original question, does anybody with an ounce of common sense believe Raheem has allowed City to propose his name to Spurs, irrespective of whether we are contemplating a sale this summer?

Raheem Sterling isn't leaving for anywhere this summer unless he hits the jackpot and one of the big three in Spain are suddenly winning El Gordo.

City might not like it, as they would obviously want to avoid him running down his deal, but we are in no position to dictate his sale, never mind propose him to the third best team in London, about to lose their star man to the Premier League champions.

Sterling isn't daft, he will be speaking to Kane, he has no intention of leaving this summer.
about to lose their star man to the Premier League champions.

That's all I'm trying to do, pick apart the original 'exclusive' by Romano and the subsequent cowards who decided to run with it also.

You can flip it the other way. We offer Raheem, Spurs say we will do the deal if it includes him, and Raheem tells us, 'Nah, I ain't go there'.

Does anyone really believe City would operate in such a way that they make this offer without having a firm idea that Sterling would want his name in the equation?

City's business for Kane won't be predicated on us perhaps wanting to move certain players on, yet hoping for the best those surplus to requirements are on the same page.

I'll come back to my original question, does anybody with an ounce of common sense believe Raheem has allowed City to propose his name to Spurs, irrespective of whether we are contemplating a sale this summer?

Raheem Sterling isn't leaving for anywhere this summer unless he hits the jackpot and one of the big three in Spain are suddenly winning El Gordo.

City might not like it, as they would obviously want to avoid him running down his deal, but we are in no position to dictate his sale, never mind propose him to the third best team in London, about to lose their star man to the Premier League champions.

Sterling isn't daft, he will be speaking to Kane, he has no intention of leaving this summer.

I don't think he will sign a new deal. Mr perez is a massive fan of Sterling. Can see madrid coming in next season for him. Sterling has also said he wants to play in Spain

Picture the scene...

Raheem Sterling, still worth £75m in this market, with two years left on his deal at City worth £300k a week.

City, without his knowledge, are offering him up as a makeweight for Kane ON TOP OF £100m - which pushes it beyond Levy's insisted £150m price tag.

We're generous like that you see?

And to further set the seal, because money is supposedly no object at City, we are going to tell Raheem he must go to Spurs and that we are going to pay up his remaining two years at £28.8m.

Sounds legit.
Yep, I thought it sounded like nonsense. £100 million is about £15 million over what I think we should pay, but oddly enough nobody from City has asked me ;)

I suppose the temptation for Spurs is if it’s a one off payment hit up front and the interest that would save on loans too. I’d make that a take it or leave it offer. If they get more money over longer it’s probably worth less if you factor it over say three years.

I don't think he will sign a new deal. Mr perez is a massive fan of Sterling. Can see madrid coming in next season for him. Sterling has also said he wants to play in Spain

As I say, if you are Raheem Sterling, with two years left on £300k a week, winning trophies at City, unless you are some kind of idiot, you stay put.

He's 27 and isn't going to get paid more money by an elite club out there right now.

He also knows that Pep's deal elapses at the same time as his, so he can just maintain a watching brief.

I'm sure City would rather sell him if they can't persuade him to sign an extension, but City don't hold all the cards here.

Raheem is at the perfect age to run his contract down and still get a massive freebie move to Spain at 29.

For that to happen, he will need to up his game to get regular starts at City, but if he's happy to play the long game, there would be no losers.

Apologies, I missed out swoop and raid.

I've seen banging on the door used of late?

I mean, FFS?

Nobody does it like the Italians or Spanish though.

Manchester City are contemplative and will commence the love affair for (insert name)

I'm sure they used to moonlight as a script writer for Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Rivers of blood shall be spilt upon the infidel, crashing on the shores of the hated Satan.
For me, shit only becomes real when someone issues a “come and get me plea” and then a KFA from Spain or Italy tells me that the player is “packing the suitcases”

As I say, if you are Raheem Sterling, with two years left on £300k a week, winning trophies at City, unless you are some kind of idiot, you stay put.

He's 27 and isn't going to get paid more money by an elite club out there right now.

He also knows that Pep's deal elapses at the same time as his, so he can just maintain a watching brief.

I'm sure City would rather sell him if they can't persuade him to sign an extension, but City don't hold all the cards here.

Raheem is at the perfect age to run his contract down and still get a massive freebie move to Spain at 29.

For that to happen, he will need to up his game to get regular starts at City, but if he's happy to play the long game, there would be no losers.
I suspect the fact that Sterling was played in the CL final tells you all you need to know about City's desire to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.