Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a lot of respect for Rafa - remaining manager of Newcastle even when they were demoted. I don't think that many managers would do this - and certainly not many managers of Rafa's calibre.

Anyhow, I wish him a bit of luck, so long as we're not facing his side :-).

If anything Benítez was even more hated at Chelsea than he will be at Everton. Now that really was a marriage made in hell! (Didn't last long, either)

I went the europa league final v benfica and the Chelsea fans hated him with a passion. He stuck it out there and am sure he will do same at goodison

I think this is just a case of "After the Lord Mayors Show".
You got Ancelotti in and expectations were sky high. You started last season playing some great stuff and I really thought that they would be challenging for top 4.
Not sure exactly what went wrong, perhaps it was the worry over the "Seanie promise" or not, but all the early excitement and enthusiasm seemed to disappear.
To then lose a manager of Carlo's standing obviously deflates the whole club and means that you have to start again. It also makes you think almost any manager you get after him will be a disappointment.
I actually think that this could be a great appointment for them. Rafa never had any money to spend at Newcastle, something that should be different with Moshiri, and with Ferguson giving him the drive and passion for the club it would be nice to see them actually do something....save for derby day of course.

I think this is just a case of "After the Lord Mayors Show".
You got Ancelotti in and expectations were sky high. You started last season playing some great stuff and I really thought that they would be challenging for top 4.
Not sure exactly what went wrong, perhaps it was the worry over the "Seanie promise" or not, but all the early excitement and enthusiasm seemed to disappear.
To then lose a manager of Carlo's standing obviously deflates the whole club and means that you have to start again. It also makes you think almost any manager you get after him will be a disappointment.
I actually think that this could be a great appointment for them. Rafa never had any money to spend at Newcastle, something that should be different with Moshiri, and with Ferguson giving him the drive and passion for the club it would be nice to see them actually do something....save for derby day of course.

I think the rating of some for Benitez is based on his track record for Liverpool and predominantly 2005. Since then he has not really set the world alight and actually struggled to avoid relegation with Dalian Professional in the Chinese league.
They are my concerns around his appointment and if he fails he will still get a fairly decent payout regardless. Am not deluded and I know that managing Everton is not the most lucrative job but I feel we could have done better. Benitez is a decent bloke as he showed with the Hillsborough support but if he was asked which team he would like to manage in the city it would not have been Everton.

I think the rating of some for Benitez is based on his track record for Liverpool and predominantly 2005. Since then he has not really set the world alight and actually struggled to avoid relegation with Dalian Professional in the Chinese league.
They are my concerns around his appointment and if he fails he will still get a fairly decent payout regardless. Am not deluded and I know that managing Everton is not the most lucrative job but I feel we could have done better. Benitez is a decent bloke as he showed with the Hillsborough support but if he was asked which team he would like to manage in the city it would not have been Everton.
Yes I agree with all of what you say, but then i would because I am a red...but also feel that does you/Everton down.
I think there are many managers who would love to manage you, but beign a top club, there is no reason why you should settle for an "also ran". Thats why I was so impressed when Carlo pitched up. I did genuinely have a concern that there could be something of the sleeping giant awakening.
Once again i think some of the issue is with the media bigging up some managers who are flavour of the month and casting doyubt on others who could be the perfect fit.
I also agree that 2005 does make Rafa's CV look good, but even thay was helped by a real miracle... i mean we had Smicer Traore and Biscan playing and we still won FFS.
But, that said, with his experience and Big Dunc and Moshiris backing I think this could be really good for you

It is bizarre that Benitez, who is rich enough to live anywhere, chose to base his family in the Wirral.

Does him choosing to live there not carry any weight with Everton fans?

Also has it been determined whether it was Everton or Liverpool fans who left the "We know where you live" banner near his house?
Maybe he likes shagging scouse birds on the sly ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.