Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that's been confusing me a bit lately is how all the City ITKs seems so sure Grealish is going to join City, but all the Villa ITKs seem confident he's staying.

That confusion is being put to rest somewhat by Villa's failings in their pursuit of Emile Smith Rowe, who Villa's fanbase was adamant would want to sign.

Although I do believe Villa are seriously ambitious, and have a plan that does sound exciting even to Grealish, I'm starting to suspect Villa and the people associated are full of hot air to some extent.
There's no itk anymore

Smith-Rowe was never going to Villa, good young players rarely turn their backs on London (even Arsenal players) to head to the bright lights of Birmingham.

Villa might be a work in progress but they are miles away from challenging for anything other than top 7 and a decent cup run.

If Grealish is ambitious he'll come to City, if he's not, he'll stay at Villa.

Something that's been confusing me a bit lately is how all the City ITKs seems so sure Grealish is going to join City, but all the Villa ITKs seem confident he's staying.

That confusion is being put to rest somewhat by Villa's failings in their pursuit of Emile Smith Rowe, who Villa's fanbase was adamant would want to sign.

Although I do believe Villa are seriously ambitious, and have a plan that does sound exciting even to Grealish, I'm starting to suspect Villa and the people associated are full of hot air to some extent.
If you signed for City on the money our Jack has you would have a wrist like thisjack.jpg

I was more annoyed that he got playing time ahead of some of the U23s when we knew he was on his bike.
Sure he's a lovely guy and didn't seem to rock the boat - but he was NEVER going to be a Dias.
Likely to prosper at Barcelona in a far slower and more lopsided league - good luck
He might well prosper at Barca. None of our opinions is foolproof after all. I never thought Stefan Savic would ever be anything other than a rabbit trapped in the headlights, yet he’s gone from being an accident waiting to happen at City to a veritable rock at Atletico.
Garcia’s certainly got the footballing skills IMO, very comfortable bringing the ball forward, but the lack of pace, power and height gave him and us problems defensively far too often for comfort

Smith-Rowe was never going to Villa, good young players rarely turn their backs on London (even Arsenal players) to head to the bright lights of Birmingham.

Villa might be a work in progress but they are miles away from challenging for anything other than top 7 and a decent cup run.

This all day long
Does he want to progress
Or does he stay with his boyhood club

He might well prosper at Barca. None of our opinions is foolproof after all. I never thought Stefan Savic would ever be anything other than a rabbit trapped in the headlights, yet he’s gone from being an accident waiting to happen at City to a veritable rock at Atletico.
Garcia’s certainly got the footballing skills IMO, very comfortable bringing the ball forward, but the lack of pace, power and height gave him and us problems defensively far too often for comfort
Atletico who play a style of football that protects the defence (like Southgates England) is a different story.

That’s the word ambitious

There’s a whiff of burning martyr about that lot. I for one have nothing personal against Garcia whatsoever and nor do I intend to abuse you. He was however a player with significant shortcomings as a PL defender and quite honestly I’m not disappointed that he’s gone. Automatically discounting that standpoint on the grounds that Pep and the Spanish national team manager like him is your prerogative, but its not a foolproof argument. Professional managers with far more knowledge about the game than you or me have signed Jo, Bony, Charvet and Tal Ben Haim……

I can both accept and appreciate your argument (that is truly well put, thanks).

However, the point I was making, perhaps badly, was that a 19yo footballer, living in a foreign country, was brutally slated by an element of our support - because our manager selected him to play.
It wasn’t fair, it didn’t help, it was pointless bullying abuse aimed at a youngster by heartless idiots. It was the kind of stuff that makes decent people despair at Liverpoo‘s support and it didn’t show our support in a good light.

Just a young lad (probably the current best CB prospect of his generation) and much loved and respected by everyone who has ever worked with him, working hard, doing his best, and morons on here were absolutely slating him . . and it didn’t start until it started to become plain that he wouldn’t take out a further contract.

He was never a billy big bollocks, he kept his head down, worked hard, was respectful to the club and its supporters.
Anyone going online and slating a kid of that age, for things that were absolutely beyond his control was being a bully and it’s not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.