Covid and travel discussion

This was Fairhaven Lake beach today located two clicks south of Saint Anne's and designated our new Covidial bolt hole from the outrageous-nous of village living. It was a difficult decision and in the end was a tussle with Fleetwood or here as they both have Electricity bays to charge the car. I could have used petrol on the way home but we're aficionados of "pensioner mentality" so every penny counts. It's not a bad beach in fairness and if I scrunched up my eyes intermittently it kind of reminded me of the Greek Islands with those pretty rocks and sand.

Or maybe it was Just My Imagination .. Running Away With Me : /

Powdered white sand interwoven with lush Estuary grass

c7Yt1FP.jpg

Sea View

v48dXvV.jpg

FFS!
Tell me this is satire.
Please.

FFS!
Tell me this is satire.
Please.
They say you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear but if you make a concerted effort and bring sun loungers, table, picnic and cooler bag you can achieve some semblance of normality. If you've never been to Fairhaven Lake then I strongly urge a visit with free parking, very little in the way of crowds and most conducive to an afternoon romp in the sun.

Also give Saint Anne's a try for it's overtly quaint Beach huts but here's a Top Tip..
Don't rent one at £100 a day but merely find an empty unit late afternoon and move all your belongings, seats, table and cooler bags onto it's balcony whilst enjoying a splendid fish supper by the sea : /

PuXYm6x.jpg

7sHnKQi.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! We gone full circle again with the proud Brits telling us how amazing it is to holiday there and going abroad is sacrilege.

Both have there place, I love going abroad but there’s loads of places in Britain I’ve not fully explored, had a great week in Northumberland last summer.
They certainly do mate which is why I find it strange when posters get offended at the thought of anyone wanting to jump on a plane.

Our Cologne/Bonn region (and other parts oft Nortrhine Westphalia) has been hit hard with with heavy rain for the last couple of days, resulting in lots of damage done by the flooding, 40 or so people died, more than 70 still missing. Not the best time to spend your holidays here, I'm afraid...

https://www.dw.com/en/at-least-40-d...rmany-several-missing-live-updates/a-58270820

I like that part of the world, fond memories. Best wishes to you and your family, stay safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.