Seeing the same band/artist over and over and over

Other than the beers/friends aspect I'm not having that it's the same or even similar to following a football team.

Football can give random, unexpected moments of joy and elation. There's also the anticipation and nerves leading up to a game against a rival or to win a trophy. A gig, although great just doesn't hit those highs the same way. Especially a gig that you've already been to if your following a particular tour.

A run of gigs watching different bands at a festival maybe might bring a level of anticipation that's similar but I can't see how watching the same set by the same band/artist would.
You have a lot of nerves and anticipation around Morrissey gigs worrying / praying he will show up!

Seen mick head / shack in far too many venues and settings. Saw the coral play loads of times including a gig at sidecar in Barcelona which was 200 capacity and they had to walk through the crowd to get on stage.
Also saw kraftwerk play 3 consecutive nights in Oslo. To me the venue and city or country can add to the allure of a concert. Not all artists play the same setlist on tour and often you get a rare track played. As I live in Dorset now I often look at any gigs if I have to travel home

Football fans will go to 19 home games plus how ever many away games (home and abroad) every year yet some don't get doing the same following a band on tour. Of course the opposition are different and outcome unknown but the hero worship / devotion plus the beers and travelling with friends experience are the same.
Actually that's not right. You'll find friends with the exact same football taste in your own area but music is a wide choice. I seem to pick mates with good taste in football but they like shocking music. No way I'm going with them to a concert and vice versa. Family's as bad. Me and the missus tried going to concerts together but it was a disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.