City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Why are we taking on Debt ?

Because maybe it can be a good thing to safeguard global companies.
Our owner could plough his own money in. But countries can suddenly change things to suit themselves. If global banks have an interest in a business paying back a loan, then they can have huge influence in a countries policies.
This has nothing do with City anyway. The debt won't be registered with us like the rags debt is.

Why are we taking on Debt ?
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that we want to finance some major spending within CFG (NYCFC stadium?) but the Covid crisis has forced us to use much of the $500m that Silverlake put in. So we need more cash to do this.

Of course, ADUG could simply inject cash via equity but that would dilute the shareholdings of CMC and Silverlake. Currently CMC have 14% and Silverlake 10%, with ADUG owning the other 76%. If ADUG took more shares, their percentage ownership would go up and that of the other two groups decrease.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that we want to finance some major spending within CFG (NYCFC stadium?) but the Covid crisis has forced us to use much of the $500m that Silverlake put in. So we need more cash to do this.

Of course, ADUG could simply inject cash via equity but that would dilute the shareholdings of CMC and Silverlake. Currently CMC have 14% and Silverlake 10%, with ADUG owning the other 76%. If ADUG took more shares, their percentage ownership would go up and that of the other two groups decrease.
I mentioned it earlier but wouldn't the Arena be involved in some way given we've committed to halfies with Oak View on it?

Could cmc or silver Lake veto this if it is what adug wanted to do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.