F1 Season 2021

Someone needs to tell Max that when you're leading the championship by 30 odd points, it's okay to be overtaken on the first lap.

Driving like it's the last lap of the last race every time Lewis comes near him will be the only thing that can cost him the title this year, because he has the faster car.
Where they collided was realistically the last point in the entire race where Hamilton could actually get past Verstappen (assuming Verstappen keeps the lead). Once they hit the middle section Verstappen would've pulled away.

Even if Hamilton had gotten past him, Verstappen easily could have re-overtaken him in the middle sector. He could have easily got past him on DRS if it came to it, and push comes to shove they'd have got past on the pitstops.

The sprint race showed that Verstappen likely had a big advantage over race distance. I think he's entitled to be blaming Hamilton for this but there's a lesson for him here.

And your final sentence is the key line, imo, exactly what I was about to post.
I actually said on here I thought he'd still win, But at one stage he was 3/1 with the bookies. I really don't think that was an expected win when those Ten seconds were added on.

Someone needs to tell Max that when you're leading the championship by 30 odd points, it's okay to be overtaken on the first lap.

Driving like it's the last lap of the last race every time Lewis comes near him will be the only thing that can cost him the title this year, because he has the faster car.

Agreed. In the last 5 seasons he would have cars that could occasionally challenge the Mercs. And his all or nothing approach was perfect for such a setup where it was more about getting race wins than providing a consistent challenge over a whole season.

I do think Hamilton was in the wrong but Max could've backed out like Lewis did at the start of the Spanish Grand Prix and lived to fight another day.

This is the first time Max has been in a championship battle position and perhaps this was the first time he showed his naivety.

Really don't think Hamilton did anything wrong, he actually yielded a couple of times of the pervious corners, when it was Verstappen's time to do so (Hamilton had the better racing line), he got overly aggressive, cut Hamilton up and paid the price.

If anything, it was a young Lewis Hamilton move from Verstappen, he has to learn from that.
That’s how I see it. The problem is that Max always tries to complete high-risk moves expecting the other driver to cede position, even if they have the line. How many times have we seen incidents where he causes a collision, or near, as he tries to close the other driver out?

The drivers are now honed to keep out of the way of him now as he uses his callous driving to put the shits up people. This time though, Hamilton was not conceding the tarmac and did what any multiple World Champion would do, and call is bluff.

That’s how I see it. The problem is that Max always tries to complete high-risk moves expecting the other driver to cede position, even if they have the line. How many times have we seen incidents where he causes a collision, or near, as he tries to close the other driver out?

The drivers are now honed to keep out of the way of him now as he uses his callous driving to put the shits up people. This time though, Hamilton was not conceding the tarmac and did what any multiple World Champion would do, and call is bluff.
the truth.

exactly, and it's what Lewis is banking on, getting in Max's head so he battles him rather than concentrate for the title. Max had a 30 point lead and a much faster car, cede the ground and get him back later on. Red Bull and Max were clear mentally rattled today and Mercedes sensed it and doubled down on it.

Great weekend, now back on our campsite, 2 miles out, more room, pool, poker and tunes.

Tears and cheers all around us. Very emotional.

Don't want to go home!

Just got home. We travelled in and out from home for three days. No hassle getting in but getting away is a pain.

Was a long but great weekend. Haven't been to a sporting event that wasn't football for many years. It's about 25 years since I last went to a GP and only went on race day previously but actually enjoyed Friday the most this weekend, the atmosphere in qualifying was superb. Have to say the it's been great seeing a partisan but fair British crowd.

Didn't think Lewis was going to whittle down the gap but watching him do it bit by bit was quite special. Haven't seen TV coverage yet so not too much to say about the incident.

Just to say that it turned out to be a really enjoyable home GP. Preferred to see Max in there but as long as he’s OK, it’s all good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.