Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I didn’t say that.
What I said was that all we can rely on from a 5 year contract is 5 years.
If a player agrees to a forward contract then the agreement is reached because it is financially better to do that than to walk away when the contract lapses.

I find it really weird how grown-ups can extrapolate 10 years from a 5 year contract without quite understanding that you don’t just need to compete with the market to sign a player, but you need to compete with the market to get a player to sign up to a renewal too.

Oh, and the lottery numbers are
5, 6,33, 42, 45, 48 but, even better than that, I’ve got a magic bean that you can lease for 5 years and then pay some more and lease it again for another 5 years.
I call it a longevity bean because it’s young and some odd people think that means you pay for 5 and get 10. Then they pay again.
Fucking hell.
Sometimes it seems you can't say anything on here without somebody turning into a (whatever the subject) expert on the subject and shooting you down.

I merely stated that being of such young age Haaland could potentially be our player for the next 10 years like some other recent world class players have been.
It's possible, if both camps are happy.
I was also insinuating Harry Kane can't be that player due to his age.
I know there are hurdles to get over for this to happen, and I know his agent is difficult, but I was stating that it could happen.

Somebody then has to turn into Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain Mujika and inform me how wrong I am ..for fucksake.
Teach me to keep my trap shut in future...:)

The whole argument over whether he would leave before he even gets here is so tedious. If he signs here and Real Madrid come after him in three years it'll be because he was awesome for us and scored a ton of goals. The downside case you guys are fretting over is that he's great, helps us win stuff, then goes for more money than we paid for him and we sign someone else. Or, like Sergio, like Dave, like Kev, he could love it here instead and stay for a decade. No one knows how these things turn out but if he's the player we think he can is it doesn't matter either way. It's not something to stress about, and if this is the biggest problem we should obviously sign him anyway.

The whole argument over whether he would leave before he even gets here is so tedious. If he signs here and Real Madrid come after him in three years it'll be because he was awesome for us and scored a ton of goals. The downside case you guys are fretting over is that he's great, helps us win stuff, then goes for more money than we paid for him and we sign someone else. Or, like Sergio, like Dave, like Kev, he could love it here instead and stay for a decade. No one knows how these things turn out but if he's the player we think he can is it doesn't matter either way. It's not something to stress about, and if this is the biggest problem we should obviously sign him anyway.
If he ends up signing for us - perhaps he'd later leave.

But we have an excellent record of retaining top talent in spite of offers from competing clubs.

Pretty much - if we really want the player to stay - he'll stay.

I agree with cjn.

Looking at the state of Madrid and Barca they may not be the draw they once were in a few years, finances will take years to recover, the premier league could well dominate the CL for the next few years to come as well.

I’m always delighted when any deserving soul has any kind of good fortune - and I’d be amazed at the coincidence if it were those numbers.

Though I must admit that I don’t do the lottery because I know what it is and I also understand the nature of the investment model.

PS. Magic beans are a great investment, always lots of takers.

Yeah odds are a little too stretched for my liking Usually too, only ever done it a handful of times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.