It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Can’t be a brief from City if that’s part of the Blackburn report.

Given everything else for months has been about Kane wanting City and City only, it throws doubt over the rest of his report.
I think it is a brief. I suspect the club are trying to make it look like it's further away from completion than it is. I don't understand why that'd be, but I'm sure it's obvious to those that know.

I really think yesterday's story has thrown both clubs off guard here.

I think it is a brief. I suspect the club are trying to make it look like it's further away from completion than it is. I don't understand why that'd be, but I'm sure it's obvious to those that know.

I really think yesterday's story has thrown both clubs off guard here.
Or the more logical explanation of what the club is saying is true

Yesterday’s story has thrown a spanner into the works. I think levy wanted to just slightly spoon feed Tottenham fans now that sun story has blown that plan out of the water. So he’s going full defensive

Maybe, but the nature of the stories tonight leads me to believe the club is covering itself.
Not really, It looks to me as if they want to publically let their stance be known as opposed to covering themselves for something.

Why would the entire press pack have gotten the story if that was the case?

It's to do with negotiations. Transfers are complicated because of the contracts, complicated legal documents with loads of clauses, that entitle the player and others to millions and millions of pounds. Whoever publicly signals they want to do the deal, it's on them that the contract is being terminated.

Kane's made one signal with his interview. City made one with the bid. Now Tottenham are trying to counteract yesterday's story, saying, no, we've never intended to do a deal that would end the contract.

Otherwise, all sides would be equally liable - meaning Spurs would be in a much weaker bargaining position over who pays the agents, the fee they get, and the details of cancelling the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.