Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things like this have no bearing on anything. Modric is a Barca fan and became legend at Real Madrid.

Sure, but clearly we tick every box. We have the project, manager, financial power and he has a strong affinity to the club which would benefit both parties commercially.

I'll be interested to see the full story as to why we're not pursuing Haaland, I think it goes beyond the standard generic reasons people have theorised.

Silverware is great. But for most top players they want Silverware in which they are a key contributor. Not just a role guy. It's why Same left and Laporte and Berny are now considering it.

How much a team offers you compared to similarly rated teams is often a rough barometer of how much they rate you. Some do some players more than others.

Besides, lots of real competitors will rather join a slightly lesser team to help take down the Giant rather than join a team that is already winning without them and may only need them as support as opposed to being key.

There are many factors at play, and not all of them line up with the wishes of fans.

But just for the record, the best footballing choice is almost never to go join the biggest baddest boys. Sometimes, you want to be a part of the takedown of the Giants (or die trying). Or even better, be a part of building a new champion...

Funny enough, that used to be our attraction. Come join the future. We are now the Present. Which Paradoxically makes someone else the future builder.
Sane mostly left cos they offered double the money. Hes on €20m a season there. Same what KDB earns here.

He is role player at Bayern too and heavily criticised.

So a 12 year old kid, wearing a blue hat is now a city fan?
Don't get me wrong, the kid is likely to be a superstar but he is NOT a city fan! I've heard it from the horses mouth some 5 years ago. He's never been a blue, he's not a blue!
His dad once played for us. His dad isn't a blue either.
If he comes here, or definitely isn't because he's a blue.
Believe me or not I don't really care.
He's been pictured loads of times in city kits, and was at the 2014 league cup final in the city end, wearing a city kit. He 100% supported city growing up and also followed Leeds who were in the lower leagues throughout that time.

However, it is totally irrelevant to whether or not he wants to join us, that much I agree with.

Sane mostly left cos they offered double the money. Hes on €20m a season there. Same what KDB earns here.

He is role player at Bayern too and heavily criticised.
I know it's the wrong thread to talk about Leroy although can't help but thinking what has actually happened to Leroy. He is massively criticised at Bayern Munich, At City he was sensational he had everything, Beat a player, Get in behind with movement, Finishing ect Looks a completely different player.

He isn’t. That’s why it’s not relevant.
Whether he is or isn't is precisely relevant for a topic titled, 'Is Haaland a City fan?'

What bearing that has on his future is almost certainly irrelevant, but for the specific question of whether he's a City fan or not, him being a City fan or not is relevant.

He's been pictured loads of times in city kits, and was at the 2014 league cup final in the city end, wearing a city kit. He 100% supported city growing up and also followed Leeds who were in the lower leagues throughout that time.

However, it is totally irrelevant to whether or not he wants to join us, that much I agree with.
You believe what you want to. I spoke to him (and his Dad) in 2016 on holiday in Dubai. He's not a blue, never has been. He's a soft spot for us, but has never considered himself a fan. Still, I suppose I could be making it up as I go along like most journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.