Harry Kane

Won’t it be better to let Spurs spend all their funds on player first?

They will need to recoup their loss to balance their books which will in turn allow City to hold all the cards with a “here’s our offer” take it or leave it.

As far as I’m concerned, Spurs will be more desperate for their money than City having a forward. We clearly shown last season we don’t really need one to be in with a shout on winning the league. However if Spurs don’t recoup their loss I can imagine their board of directors won’t be too pleased.
I don't think Levy is that naive.

Spurs will think that too, they will want deals and prices agreed before they sell. Sounds like they are doing that now, think another week and things will start to shift. As for the theory that they won’t want him to play against them first game, it may go in the agreement, and we might be happy for it to as his head might not be right for it, and after the euros there is a fair chance he wouldn’t play whoever the opposition was , same for Grealish.
He'll probably have an ankle injury anyway.

One of our best players ever is arguably the most reviled tactical fouler in the history of football. At a certain point you just have to stop pretending to care about these things.

The stench of desperation around some of the Kane critiques is pretty hilarious. Although to be fair, when it comes to "cheating" there's a few on the forum who seem stuck in a bygone era. Modern football is what it is, and gamesmanship is part of the game. Nothing is going to change that, so whining about it is like whining about players wearing gloves or snoods or whatever else offends the more sensitive.

The stench of desperation around some of the Kane critiques is pretty hilarious. Although to be fair, when it comes to "cheating" there's a few on the forum who seem stuck in a bygone era. Modern football is what it is, and gamesmanship is part of the game. Nothing is going to change that, so whining about it is like whining about players wearing gloves or snoods or whatever else offends the more sensitive.
I thought they wore gloves as protection from snowflakes...

Don’t think it’s that modern, Francis Lee had his moments as did many in the past, just not the camera angles .

Kane didn't seem to stop Spurs scoring on the break last season, Son benefitted from the job he can do for us, as the break transitions forward Kane takes the ball in and the runners (Sterling, Foden etc ) move past into the space. Kane is very good at tying the last man up, if they try to get close to him he can hold them off and then lay the ball on, passing is usually good as well

Don’t think it’s that modern, Francis Lee had his moments as did many in the past, just not the camera angles .

Also worth mentioning that slow motion replays fuck up everyone's perception of momentum. It doesn't take much to knock someone off their feet when they're running but I see lots of legitimate trips and pushes being written off as dives because the replay makes it look like there's absolutely no force whatsoever.

Not saying there aren't more soft fouls given than there used to be but everything's put under a microscope now and it can be quite deceptive when you're watching at home and they slow everything right down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.