CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I read this so-called damning extract in the DM and couldn't fathom out what it was all about apart from two persons not knowing precisely what one was to pay the other. Now i'm not the brightest of souls who visits these pages but if this extract is intended to prove something akin to the headlines then it's going to be another long job.

The point being it wasn't set aside. Seems to relate to the PL demanding documents, us telling them to get lost and the arbitrator telling us we have to.

That sentence (page 2) you referenced says:
"These proceedings concern an application by Manchester City Football Club Limited (the “Club”) to set aside the award of the arbitral tribunal dated 2 June 2020"

It seems to me (and the legal types may well say it's wrong or could be written better) that City applied for an earlier tribunal decision to be set aside - that earlier decision is the 'award', and City's application was dismissed previously.
The earlier tribunal had decided that it had jurisdiction to act on the PL request that City were obliged to provide paperwork.
That's all background.

The hearing here was concerned with whether the judgement of the prior should be published, but that doesn't mean the 'award' was not the prior tribunal decision. It wasn't concerned with changing the earlier tribunal decision.

One thing I've learned is that really do need to be seized of the detail to be able to express an educated opinion relating to complex legal proceedings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.