General Videogame Thread

I’ve just got a ps5. Can anyone recommend any decent games for me please. It came with Call of Duty but fancy something else.
If you fancy something a bit different then Psychonauts 2 is coming out on August 25th. The original was one of my favourite games ever and one of the most original, mad, charming and funny games you could find.

It won't be optimised for PS5 as officially there is no PS5 release because Microsoft. But it will still play due to PS4 backwards compatibility and run at 1440p and 60fps on PS5.

I can't wait, personally. Deathloop should be one to look out for when it's released in September too.

Nintendo switch question:
Son has already said he wants one of these things for christmas, and Ive noticed theres an OLED version out in October, available for pre order now. Is it the kind of thing I need to pre order, or will it be readily available off the shelf by mid November?

Nintendo switch question:
Son has already said he wants one of these things for christmas, and Ive noticed theres an OLED version out in October, available for pre order now. Is it the kind of thing I need to pre order, or will it be readily available off the shelf by mid November?
If you want any kind of gaming tech when it comes out (or even the following months) I'd strongly recommend pre-ordering it.
Each new console of the last 15 years or so has been nearly impossible to get without pre-order.

I’ve just got a ps5. Can anyone recommend any decent games for me please. It came with Call of Duty but fancy something else.

Obviously everyone has suggested Spiderman Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank. I'd recommend though replaying some older games. Most have really substantial upscaling in 4k or 60fps, and honestly it makes a huge difference. I replayed TLOU2 and playing it in 60fps made it feel like an entirely different experience. Felt great. Loads of games come with it too if you get PS plus - God of War, Uncharted 4 etc. God of War looks gorgeous in 4k. Control has a good substantial update, as does Ghost of Tsushima.

Other than that, if you're into extremely challenging games, Returnal is fantastic. Demon Soul's too. Next months there's a game called Kena Bridge of Spirits coming that looks gorgeous as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.