United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
76 was the one for me, Bobby Stokes take a bow!!
A gobshite red in our local boozer was so confident that United would win that he gave about 10 of us blues odds of 14-1 on Southampton winning. I put a £1 on, but some had a fiver or tenner with him - cost him a bloody fortune - and he had to pay up - he wanted to live.

A gobshite red in our local boozer was so confident that United would win that he gave about 10 of us blues odds of 14-1 on Southampton winning. I put a £1 on, but some had a fiver or tenner with him - cost him a bloody fortune - and he had to pay up - he wanted to live.
Even back then their fans were arrogant fuckers who thought the team merely turning up was sufficient. Thank you, Bobby Stokes, on behalf of all football fans, thank you.

Even back then their fans were arrogant fuckers who thought the team merely turning up was sufficient. Thank you, Bobby Stokes, on behalf of all football fans, thank you.
That was the season after they'd been promoted back to the first division under Tommy Doc, I think. They were full of it, even though they had no reason to be.
Plus ca change.

I was in the rag end for the final game of the season v us which was after the cup final....the plan was for both teams to parade the cups, that went well. ;)

76 was the one for me, Bobby Stokes take a bow!!
Didn’t the scum beat us at O/T a few days later 2-0, I remember City fans singing mamas taking us to the zoo tomorrow, as rags had to have fencing around the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.