It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen us play much over the last two years then? His role changed to a less eye catching role but was arguably even more vital than his player of the season year. Every big game we've played and won the last two seasons, Bernardo has been one of if not the star man and we look like we've forgotten how to play whenever he's not in the side.
He's become James Milner. Runs a bit and gets the plaudits for effort. He's meant to be an attacker. Actually the worst attacking output of all of our forwards last season. He's going backwards.

You’re lack of football knowledge is breathtaking.
He does a job. As an attacking midfielder his contributions have been poor especially for a player of his ability. You don’t know more than anyone else because you appreciate someone running a lot more. It’s a great part to his game however I’m pretty sure we didn’t sign him to be just an engine. Love the guy and hasn’t produced consistently since his amazing season.

He does a job. As an attacking midfielder his contributions have been poor especially for a player of his ability. You don’t know more than anyone else because you appreciate someone running a lot more. It’s a great part to his game however I’m pretty sure we didn’t sign him to be just an engine. Love the guy and hasn’t produced consistently since his amazing season.
As some of us have been saying his job last year was ball possession and closing down, he did it brilliantly but some of you live in a Harlem globetrotter world of assists and goals. Our winning streak which took us from mid table to actually winning the league was down to silva and Gundogan in midfield. This was helped by KDB getting injured and then Sergio.

This is no slight on either of those two Sergio is my all time favourite city player and KDB is world class, the best at what he does. You literally have no idea what you are talking about I’m afraid.

Bernardo is a consistent top 3 in the league amongst midfielders/attacking midfielders for progressive carries. Which is an extremely useful ability. In fact only Grealish is better statistically on that front.

Bernardo is also one of the smartest safe passers of all attackers in the league.

To act like all he does is run is a shame.

He's become James Milner. Runs a bit and gets the plaudits for effort. He's meant to be an attacker. Actually the worst attacking output of all of our forwards last season. He's going backwards.
So I was right, you haven't seen us play much then. You don't have to score or assist to play well, the game isn't just stats. Aside from when he's played in the false 9 position, he's not played as an attacker, he's played in central midfield with different roles. You go watch any big game we've won over the last 2 seasons and you'll see Bernardo put in a phenomenal performance. He enables everybody around him to play. His loss will become very apparent if he goes.

Not seen us play much over the last two years then? His role changed to a less eye catching role but was arguably even more vital than his player of the season year. Every big game we've played and won the last two seasons, Bernardo has been one of if not the star man and we look like we've forgotten how to play whenever he's not in the side.
Totally agree about last season, unfortunately I don't think he likes this role and therefore wants to go, and seeing him playing with the EDS last night was a sorry sight.

As some of us have been saying his job last year was ball possession and closing down, he did it brilliantly but some of you live in a Harlem globetrotter world of assists and goals. Our winning streak which took us from mid table to actually winning the league was down to silva and Gundogan in midfield. This was helped by KDB getting injured and then Sergio.

This is no slight on either of those two Sergio is my all time favourite city player and KDB is world class, the best at what he does. You literally have no idea what you are talking about I’m afraid.
So we said oi Bernardo you just keep the ball and close down please lad, fuck scoring or assisting or contributing in that way, you just keep it simple. Bollocks, what’s the excuse for the year before then? The one where Pep dropped him quite often as his form really struggled since the Mendy incident? Got any snippets of wisdoms for us mere peasants who clearly don’t see what you do through your gifted eyes? Blind loyalty is scary. I’ll say it again, love the guy but many on here will be eating their words once Grealish is in, be sure to stick about for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.