Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

I was there mate I’m a season ticket holder at Sunderland
This is the 4th season now in this league. He’s head and shoulders above all centre halves in this league
He was playing with the U18s (at just 16yo) until the turn of the calendar year, he was only then moved up to the U23s for the latter half of the season. He ended up (presumably) with both a U18s & U23s league winners medal.

He's now with you guys for the season playing the mens game, that's what you call fast tracking :)

Edit: I expect you to win the league BTW so he can add to his growing collection ;)

Last edited:
He was playing with the U18s (at just 16yo) until the turn of the calendar year, he was only then moved up to the U23s for the latter half of the season. He ended up (presumably) with both a U18s & U23s league winners medal.

He's now with you guys for the season playing the mens game, that's what you call fast tracking :)
Yes, it looks like fast-tracking and he was excellent in the U18 and U23 games I saw. The one thing that was apparent was that the game looked effortless, all within his control, and that's unusual for one so young. I will watch some Sunderland games, for sure.

I've watched a lot of lower league football at Carlisle United when I've not been able to get to the Etihad. Doyle was up against Charlie Wyke who made his name at Carlisle, he's a typical lower league target man who was bullying much older centre-halves at a young age, so really it was a perfect first test for Doyle. It seems that Doyle kept one of the best forwards in league one quiet which is no mean feat for a 17-year-old who's only recently started playing men's football. You see a lot of loanee defenders from premier league clubs try and match the physicality of those players around them, but tend to get bullied as they're not used to it, it seems Doyle used his brain rather than resorting to brawn thankfully. Glad he stuck to what he's good at.

Doesn't really talk about him much but he's already getting shout outs on TV.

Little clip from first (friendly) game for us against Hearts, up against an experienced international forward.

Think we were all expecting a decent back up player out of him but this made us all sit up and take notice:

Probably meat and potatoes stuff at City but after 4 seasons of absolute donkeys at CB he’s a breath of fresh air.

Couple of similar moments against Wigan in the first league game where he just glides past people and pings the ball to a winger. Haven’t found the clips yet though!

The fact that he’s left footed gives me extra hope City will make sure there’s a path for him. Like gold dust those Laporte clones.

The fact that he’s left footed gives me extra hope City will make sure there’s a path for him. Like gold dust those Laporte clones.
WOW the lad looks shit hot.Very impressed and maybe Pep has already seen enough and if he continues like that, first team chances could some next season.
As you rightly point he`s a left sider like Laporte and hopefully another gem off the "production line". ;)

I’m another ST holder at SAFC and another who was mightily impressed on Saturday.
I thought he was (understandably) a little nervous in the first ten minutes but after that he simply glided through the game

He has all the hallmarks of serious potential but clearly the gap to your first team these days is enormous - time will tell if he can take that step but he must have a chance

And in the meantime he’s helping us whilst experiencing big match atmospheres. We had more in the ground on Saturday than any of the Championship games…….but we really really have to get out of League 1 this season

cheers and good luck for the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.