Other fans perceptions of us.

Sadly the same here, pop on a City training top in the gym and random members pass by to spout off their disgust in my direction. Wash the car or do chores outside the house in a City top, and this invites snidey comments from passers by instead of the usual, can you wash mine later?

To counter that, If I see anyone in public wearing City gear, I approach them gently and say "nice top", "great player" or a general thumbs up with a car honk on my travels.

I rip in to people with rag tops on.

Yes I do, different accents and I doubt two sixty plus people are going to go into a strange pub and pretend to be Leicester fans.
They are in Manchester and going to a tour of the swamp on the same day as first game of the season. What has the accents got to do with it? Surely makes them more likely to be scum.

I rarely talk to fans of other clubs these days as the usual crap the media post about us comes pouring out, plus their own bile. Last night I made an exception but sadly it went as expected.

I'm sitting in a pub in Didsbury watching the Arsenal game, my mates are half watching, half not. Anyway just before the start of the second half this couple come in, early sixties and ask if they can sit next to me. No problem. They start chatting, they are from Leicester, here for the weekend. They've just had a meal and are staying in Deansgate and ask me where the tram station is for getting back. They seem a nice couple. Then we start talking about football. They support Leicester, or so they say, more on that later.

The chat is reasonable at first then it starts. He reckons they have the best owners, then it's we do it the right way, win trophies without spending a fortune. Then it's Pep only wins because he manages clubs with money, he couldn't do it at lower clubs. This is when I go from being polite to having a pop back at these pricks. As I educate them a little he actually apologised for slagging us off saying he was a bit out of order. This shows how much the years of constant anti City shite spouted by the media affects people's perception of us as a club and our fanbase. I realised they are absolute half wits when they said Messi, arguably the best player that has ever been, should have stayed at Barcelona and played for NOTHING if he loved the club so much instead of crying on TV. You really couldn't make it up.

They saved the best until last though. As the conversation widened with others,as they left he mentioned they were going to do a tour of the swamp tomorrow,!!! Apparently it was his birthday treat. So he was probably a rag who now supports his local side as they're not doing too badly these days. I was gutted they left because I really wanted to discuss this little gem with him.

I hope the cunts are both in bed ill with food poisoning this morning and he misses the tour!!
You should’ve slipped a bottle of laxative inside their drink when they went for a piss.

They are in Manchester and going to a tour of the swamp on the same day as first game of the season. What has the accents got to do with it? Surely makes them more likely to be scum.

I have absolutely no idea where this ridiculous idea came from nor whether you believe they are rags, I was there, they were Leicester fans, but like most small places where their team was in the doldrums for years, probably have an affinity with the rags.

You’re right. Being a City fan is now a cliche, not unlike how united were when they were good. The media have well and truly done a job on us and the footballing community now sneer down their self righteous noses at us.
I never now engage football conversation with strangers as it always ends in distaste from both sides.
It’s no longer about the football but about the politics and who is right and who is wrong.
Professional football has been ruined for me, grassroots is by far more enjoyable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.