20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his creativity was sacrifice for his workrate, pressing, off the ball work he did for the team.

But we needed that work big time especially the help he was giving in midfield to Rodri/Ferna for chasing people.

I dont see Grealish and KDB doing that as much , as well and as often. its a defensive work with lot of tactical discipline what Bernardo offered us last year.

I am bit worried to stick a slow, not very mobile Rodri behind KDB and Grealish who both often end up paying close to the opponent box, Grealish even further up sometimes, this could result us being wide open in midfield vs runners.
on counters especially.

We get more forward minded creative display from Grealish, and sometimes he tackles yes but Bernardo is a workhorse defensively, off the ball bit like Tevez was upfront .

Balance will not be easy to solve for Pep tactically imo with the Bernardo/Grealish change. also bit of a headache to fit all Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish in same team imo with Foden coming back too. Bernardo's attacking skills ere sacrificed because he was able do offer something else. if he is off the balance between attack and defence could change. it only worth it if we can deliver large number of goals upfront from the chances Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Torres keeps missing.

When Pep said he’d take 11 Fernandinhos, I thought it was clear what he was talking about:

Graft, quality, heart, AND technique.

I’m not sure the entire team/squad has a couple of those, especially in some games.

Bernardo always gave us all four.

Players are going to need to step forward this season and fight for everything. I hope some of them have it in them. I think Bernardo does, but it looks like another team may be the beneficiary of that.

Interesting start today, he looks quite settled for a player who's emptied his house, done vids for charity with club, and is set to leave still with 10 days left in the window. I for one hope he stays, hope he's been convinced to stay at least. We can't weaken ourselves in the process of getting a striker.

You can see that his play is all about letting everybody else express themselves, then he will fill the gaps and run his ass off.

You need this kind of player, we don't have anyone else who understands or can even pull this off.

Played very well in the first half,should not have been penalised for that 'foul' which led to a lovely Torres goal
I wouldn't have been upset had the ref called it in live play but having fatty moss on var call it back just frustrates the shit out of me. They let Tottenham kick the piss out of us, explaining that the refs were instructed to let more go. Then poof, as soon as it would benefit us the var official changes the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.