#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give him another 10 games before writing him off completely but in 15 games so far I haven't seen anything to suggest he's even close to good enough.
Sadly agree. He looks fragile and indecisive when defending.

He will be lucky if he gets another 10 games all season.

I get that people are worried about spending the insane money on Grealish or Kane, but when £40m get you Nathan Ake, I have no issues with the club splashing the cash.

Either atrocious with the ball at his feet or literally shitting it when it comes to him, just punts it downfield.

He wasn’t that bad defensively but you feel there’s always a mistake in him every game.

He was hung out to dry by Pep today. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play alongside Mendy.

Ake is a far more reliable player than many on here like to make out.
He’s highly effective at the instant defending, for instance attacking headers and blocking shots, but when he has time to think and dwell on matters, that’s when his judgement becomes more erratic. There are still times when he could take touch and bring the ball down, but instead he feels safer just launching it even thoughthat surrenders possession.

Playing Zinchenko beside him might give him more security, but it’ll also expose his passing.

He was hung out to dry by Pep today. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play alongside Mendy.

Ake is a far more reliable player than many on here like to make out.

He just isn't though. He's always been an average defender who we randomly decided to splurge £40m on. He's another overpriced signing and is nowhere near good enough.

He just isn't though. He's always been an average defender who we randomly decided to splurge £40m on. He's another overpriced signing and is nowhere near good enough.
As @Gabriel says above, he's a reactive player. He's been used to playing in a struggling team and having to make last second decisions.
In my view, he needs to get used to having to concentrate 100% and take time to read the game when we're not under pressure.

As I said though, I find it hard to criticise anyone who has to play alongside Mendy.

He’s highly effective at the instant defending, for instance attacking headers and blocking shots, but when he has time to think and dwell on matters, that’s when his judgement becomes more erratic. There are still times when he could take touch and bring the ball down, but instead he feels safer just launching it even thoughthat surrenders possession.

Playing Zinchenko beside him might give him more security, but it’ll also expose his passing.
I keep reading posts about how Pep improves players. Give him time, he might get round to Ake after he's sorted out the other 10 players from today.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.