#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Countless times during the game he made terrible decisions that resulted in a turnover of possession.

Shooting from 40 yards out, header from outside of the box, crosses going out of bounds. He needs to learn his role and realize he isn't playing in the advanced role he was when we had injuries last season.
Does he genuinely want to be here?>

Does he genuinely want to be here?>
He plays like a lad who knows that he's never going to be first choice.
Walker is light years better than him. So was Danilo IMHO.
He never looks much like a team player to me... I can't stop thinking he's at City for anything other than the money.

He plays like a lad who knows that he's never going to be first choice.
Walker is light years better than him. So was Danilo IMHO.
He never looks much like a team player to me... I can't stop thinking he's at City for anything other than the money.
I was just about to say, I would have Danilo over this dude any day and that shows how poor he is.

He is a RB version of Mahrez, flashes of brilliance , bullies weaker opposition but goes hiding in difficult circumstances.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Countless times during the game he made terrible decisions that resulted in a turnover of possession.

Shooting from 40 yards out, header from outside of the box, crosses going out of bounds. He needs to learn his role and realize he isn't playing in the advanced role he was when we had injuries last season.
I have the impression he is just a nervous chicken by personality.

I like his work rate, but his defensive positioning is way too risky.
His build-up and creativity isn't bad at all.

But whenever he gets closer to the goal he goes in panic mode every single time and bottles from best positions. He isn't calm at all and I guess he is afraid to make a mistake - and panics.

Pep has to somehow give him more faith to keep a cool head and do the easy thing. I think he could be much better in terms of talent, his personality is difficult to change though.

He's the sort of pro who smashes 90% of training shoots into the top corner and hits the roof come weekend.

When he played in the free role as an inverted fullback he was arguably our best player, why put him back as a standard RB then? Get Zinchenko back in to cover backwards and let Cancelo do his thing, there's nobody else like him when he's allowed freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.