#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville was raving about him yesterday but I just dont see it, take away ‘off the ball movement’ which I’m not looking out for and you often forget he’s on the pitch. Like someone else said he has an impressive ability to disappear from a game while being stood in the middle of our attack.

Early days this season, let’s see after half a dozen games. But he really needs to be getting more involved and making it stick when the ball comes to him.

I just don’t rate this lad at all, he doesn’t seem to have anything about him that suggests he’ll either score or assist around 15 goals a season.

He‘s slow, physically weak and never beats his man. Doesn’t even have that killer first touch that Mahrez has either. He’s just not good enough for us in my opinion.
+1

I just don’t rate this lad at all, he doesn’t seem to have anything about him that suggests he’ll either score or assist around 15 goals a season.

He‘s slow, physically weak and never beats his man. Doesn’t even have that killer first touch that Mahrez has either. He’s just not good enough for us in my opinion.

I'm afraid so. Try as I might, I really cannot see what some people see in him. He is okay but completely lacking in presence.

yeah i dont rate the lad. Feel he may benefit from a loan somewhere but highly doubt that will happen. Genuinely forgot he was on the pitch yesterday, just seems to disappear completely.

He’s too young to write off but he does go missing an awful lot.

He shouldn’t be starting too many games, especially in the league.

Some mental takes here. He made some class run yesterday, stretching the back 4 but nobody used him or even tried to get into the space that opened up. He's clearly a good finisher, you don't score hatricks in the premier league if you're shit, but he's also not the type that creates for himself (right now). He has something, it will just take time to get it out and that's why its bonkers we haven't just gone out and got a striker.

Well he got 13 goals and assists last year so no that far away.

Some mental takes here. He made some class run yesterday, stretching the back 4 but nobody used him or even tried to get into the space that opened up. He's clearly a good finisher, you don't score hatricks in the premier league if you're shit, but he's also not the type that creates for himself (right now). He has something, it will just take time to get it out and that's why its bonkers we haven't just gone out and got a striker.
I was at the game and was screaming out for someone to try and play a pass, Torres was making some great runs and just got completely ignored. The one chance we did create (free kick) he just got a bit unlucky with. He could have ended that game having done nothing but score an equalizer.

Well he got 13 goals and assists last year so no that far away.

I was at the game and was screaming out for someone to try and play a pass, Torres was making some great runs and just got completely ignored. The one chance we did create (free kick) he just got a bit unlucky with. He could have ended that game having done nothing but score an equalizer.
People that think he's doing nothing are not seeing he bigger picture. Yes we do need him to do more, but what he was doing should have caused way more problems than it did, but he wasn't supported by his more experienced colleagues. Even the commentary team at Sky mentioned how well he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.