TV Series

A series I haven’t seen mentioned is ‘My Brilliant Friend’.
Italian made, two seasons available with another one in production.
Two girls growing up in Naples, the story follows them over decades. Beautifully cast, acted and gorgeous to look at, it’s one of the best series I have seen for a good while. On Sky Atlantic. Strongly recommended.
Nice one, downloaded and will get onto this when possible.

The Patriot on Amazon Prime is a unique, dark-comedy, drama series about a reluctant undercover US FBI agent.

Lakeman, the protagonist, assumes the role of an engineer at a pipe manufacturing company. In the clip below, his manager offers sales advice. The piping terminology is completely made up to hilarious effect and Lakeman's (bottom left of screen) utterly confused expression during the speech is priceless:

In this clip, Leslie, a manager at the pipe company, attends a drug rehabilitation meeting:

The writing, acting and directing behind The Patriot are amazing. It took me an episode or so to warm to the series - it's got a quirky brand of humor. But trust me - it's one of the very best shows available to stream.

One last clip. Lakeman receives instruction on how to cope with various combat encounters:

Last edited:
Interesting Steve McQuuen doc on BBC4 right now.

Not sure if it’s been shown before?
A lot of Le Mans footage presumed lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.