Harry Kane

No matter when it’s from it’s still a very poor offer
Well thats a bid thats normally quoted as £100m including add ons. With fairly easy obtainable add ons that would be the highest fee paid for a 28 year old in the history of football, and its happening during a pandemic. Not sure why everyone seems to think it peanuts.

Levy knows that the very best deal for Spurs would be to keep Harry Kane... for exactly the same reason signing him would be the best deal for City. Kane is proven - the best striker in the PL. Why would Spurs actually want to sell him only to sign a lesser player?

Regardless of the nonsense spouted by some people on here, Spurs don't actually need to sell Harry Kane this season. He may want to leave, but Spurs are in the driving seat. They won't sell unless we agree to pay what they want, how they want it.

Love him or hate him, Levy is doing the best he can for his club. He knows that Spurs will still get £100m+ for Kane even if he stays for another two seasons. Levy is a long way from being incompetent.

If City don't get this deal over the line, it's nobody's fault but their own.

If we don't have a new striker on our books before the summer window closes, we should all be doubting the competence of our own people.
You really think Spurs would get £100m+ for a player approaching 31 and who only has 12 months left on his deal?

I am not a smart man, but the people who run City are.

And I don't believe for a second they would pursue Kane and only Kane so fervently if they were not damned sure they could get it done. Not after letting Kun leave, not after coming so close to the Champions league last season, not with a finite number of Pep seasons left, not with having no real solution at striker already in the squad.

Obviously anything can happen but I'd be surprised if it doesn't get done. There's just no way they've left it this late in the game to be 50-75m apart on valuation, that's nonsense to sell papers.

I don’t think we’d get Levy to agree to 75 million and another 25 in add ons for Harry Winks, never mind Harry Kane.
may be true may not be but it may have been a starting bid, we have to start somewhere, maybe this was the gents agreement amount which now Levy has backed out of because of what we paid for Grealish

Seems pretty simple to me this.

I consider the fee is agreed.

Spurs need to get their signings, with particular emphasis on Kane's replacement, in before they can / will allow Kane to go.

There is no way Spurs would want the clubs they are buying from to know they have "the Kane money" burning a big hole in their pockets.

Therefore, most of this signing being finalised will depend on whether Spurs can navigate their own situation.
Don't we have to sell also?
I remember reading that a player or players needed to leave to free up a squad place plus allow us to satisfy FFP, perhaps that's holding things up?

I still can't see us buying Sir Harry. Time and again Khaldoon has said that we will not pay over the odds for a player. £150m for this guy is over the odds.

Well thats a bid thats normally quoted as £100m including add ons. With fairly easy obtainable add ons that would be the highest fee paid for a 28 year old in the history of football, and its happening during a pandemic. Not sure why everyone seems to think it peanuts.
Pandemic or not you don’t go into a car garage expecting to buy BMW with the money for a Fiesta just because there’s a pandemic

Of course he is, which is why I dont believe it is our current stance, yet some posters are posting as if they do.
I’m saying I don’t know, so for me it’s possibly our only formal offer but there could have been five since. I can believe we bid 75 Spurs said 150 and we've been trying to get Spurs to the table since. Madder things have happened.

Pandemic or not you don’t go into a car garage expecting to buy BMW with the money for a Fiesta just because there’s a pandemic
Is a Fiesta one of the most expensive cars in history or how was these scenarios even remotely comparable?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.