#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the cb pairing I want to see, walker on the right zinc on the left, perfect View attachment 24329
Fully agree. As much as Stones has been outstanding and massive bollocks to come back from the place he was in, He's not as good as Laporte. Laporte is possibly the best centre half in the world, The only one who can compete with him for that is Van Dijk.
Class act.

The way it should be. For me, Stones is the superior player but Laporte had a great game, especially as the match went on and his confidence at making the more difficult passes grew. Having three world-class central defenders is a dream.
I love them both and not sure I'd be able to call either being the better player. If I was absolutely forced into calling it, I'd say Laporte has a higher ceiling, but they're both great. Game on.

For all we know yet Ruben could get an injury or lose form and Stones could partner Aymeric. If they're both up for it that is still one of the best centre half pairings around

I love them both and not sure I'd be able to call either being the better player. If I was absolutely forced into calling it, I'd say Laporte has a higher ceiling, but they're both great. Game on.

For all we know yet Ruben could get an injury or lose form and Stones could partner Aymeric. If they're both up for it that is still one of the best centre half pairings around
Spot on: either of them could get injured or have a loss of form. This level of competition, if it stays, will enhance the performance of all of them.

Really hope he doesn’t leave!

To have three top centre halves like we have is rare but they should all be thriving on jostling for those places and even in some big games like United at home and Liverpool away where our records are very poor, all three should play together.

All three should be buzzing about the centre half situation at City though, not looking elsewhere.

I really hope this guy isn't pushed out the door. You can argue who's the better partner for Dias between him and Stones, but if one of them are out the difference between Laporte and Ake is stark. Laporte's distribution is amazing and if you look at the Spurs game, Ake's inability to keep and move the ball along with Mendy playing made us so poor on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.