Harry Kane

Pound to a pinch of shit if we don't get this over the line for pep considering how much he seems to want him even going public as such there's not a cat in hell's chance pep goes further than his currently contract...Pep stuck to his promise in coming to the club in the 1st place surely everyone involved need to push this over the line as a bit of pay back

Ennh. Always confident up to this week. Now? Yeah, I suppose it MIGHT not happen. Levy just doing it his way. Probably doesn't want the deal done for the sake of his negotiation position with other clubs and players targetted.

This whole 10 thing is a laugh really. Tough one that, my dear Harold. You still want that shot at trophies, right? Prepared to actually play football matches for them? Not that cool to just claim your desired shirt number as a prize for signing for us.

Pound to a pinch of shit if we don't get this over the line for pep considering how much he seems to want him even going public as such there's not a cat in hell's chance pep goes further than his currently contract...Pep stuck to his promise in coming to the club in the 1st place surely everyone involved need to push this over the line as a bit of pay back

Whataloadofutterbollocks....

Hold on a minute. Pep has been given a shed load of expensive players, probably only Barca and PSG have spent more in the last 5 years.

As I've said a few times I'm of the belief that this crosses the finish line very late, once Tottenham have sorted themselves out.

In that timeframe it's in Tottenham's interests that it comes across like there's a very realistic chance Kane stays, so that potential selling clubs/agents don't rip them off. On the same front, it's in City's interests to back that up so as to not undermine Tottenham's efforts and compromise everything.

If Tottenham sign players for good value then they'll charge City less, but if City leak something out and Tottenham overpay then City might be forced to overpay themselves. I suspect that if push comes to shove City WILL overpay if they have to and are trying very hard to avoid this scenario.

I believe the reaction from both clubs to the wedding story was very telling.

Once we start reading from Tottenham that Kane isn't for sale, and confirm that he's staying, then we can start to feel a bit nervous. But so far it's all been about City not being willing to pay the fee, which is likely all PR.
Again it depends on who you want to believe though. The spurs media people and even the athletic have been saying that he is not for sale from the beginning of the window. Multiple people have said they are not negotiating with us, even Pep said they are not willing to negotiate.

Lol I really don’t get how you are coming to this conclusion though.

Ok. You're selling your A3 'Dusan Tadic' edition.Book price, 25k. Daniel Levy rings you up, comes to have a look, has a quick testdrive. You know your neighbour is well into buying his expensive Range Rover. You're now at the part where he starts kicking the tyres making all sorts of 'hmmm' noises.

How does the status of that deal for his Range Rover affect things for you?

Scenario 1. The deal went through - neighbour let everyone know it was 40k. If he offers you 20k, you'll laugh at him, and keep going until he gets to 23,5 / 24k. Or more.

Scenario 2. The deal has not gone through. All sorts of rumours about them reaching sticking point over 5 grand. This time, you don't know how much money he really can spend. He says he doesn't know if the deal will go through. He'd need a much better offer from them. Otherwise he's not interested in selling - at all. He's also looking at the BMW Lautaro down the road. But then.... after a lot of murmuring, he says he can make a genuine offer of 20k.

You with me? In THAT situation, if you want to sell, then getting him to 22k might seem like a real win.

I reckon that is exactly where we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.