Harry Kane

Personally would have liked to see him start every game in the championship for Stoke or a similar type of club. if we don’t get Kane i hope pep gives him a good amount of games in the cups and at home to the likes of Brentford, Watford etc

Personally would have liked to see him start every game in the championship for Stoke or a similar type of club. if we don’t get Kane i hope pep gives him a good amount of games in the cups and at home to the likes of Brentford, Watford etc
Sounds like he will be eased in like foden.

Again though that makes no sense. How piss poorly do you think we are run to accidentally give Grealish a number promised to Kane?
Maybe it wasn’t promised to him? I’ve no more idea than anyone else as to the truth about this Kane saga, but I do wonder about the oft used riff on here along the lines of ‘do you think we’re run by incompetent people? Do you seriously think our top brass would allow something as daft as that?’ etc, when in fact it doesn’t matter how rich or powerful the business or organisation is, how much the people at the top are paid, they are still people, and people are fallible, and make some good and some less good decisions.

I’m not saying you’re wrong on this one Paul, it’s just I think there’s a bit of a Wizard of Oz mentality about our club sometimes and about what some supporters imagine goes on behind closed doors (and yep, I know we’ve have some access via the documentary).

I dunno about that. I expect someone didn't think it would matter. It shouldn't.

But while Kane clearly wants the move, he's also having to push from his end and risk pissing off the Spurs fans and his teammates. That doesn't matter if the move happens, but if we were to change our minds after he's pushed for it then it wouldn't be great for him.

From his point of view when he suddenly sees someone else given the number he was promised then he probably doubted our commitment to him.

All guesswork and amateur psychology on my part, but I reckon someone at our end fucked up and gave Grealish the wrong number.
So in the negotiations with Kane's entourage the Kane team either didn't mention a number for this world dominating Kane10 brand or they clearly specified that he wants 10 and we assumed it didn't matter.

There is a 3rd option where the guy in the club shop went in the wrong draw (9 and 0 are next to each other I guess) printed the shirt and smuggled it into the dressing room without anyone seeing it to even mention the number might be wrong.

All 3 are nonsensical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.