Leroy Sané

The problem with Leroy is he didn’t realise how much he needed Pep
I think this is so true. It is also true of other players. I don't think many of the City players like Pep because he drives them crazy with his intensity. But he drives them on to achieve greatness. Messi has said Pep made him the player he became. Critics always say Pep could not have won the CL without Messi. But there is no doubt that Barca side with Messi would not have become one of the greatest of all time without Pep. Look what Pep did with Fabian Delph!

Poorly advised when he was at City. His mother had her own interests at heart and didn't give a second thought to what Leeroy wanted or needed at that stage in his career. I'm sure City did their best to try and convince him otherwise, but once his head had been turned there was no going back.

Feel a bit sorry for him, but ultimately it's his own fault.

The problem with Leroy is he didn’t realise how much he needed Pep

The problem is he didn't want to be taught. It didn't have to be Pep, Flick is a great coach and so is Nagelsmann.

He Thought he knew it all at 22 and didn't have to put the work in. So many times we saw Pep going ballistic on the touchline because he ignored instructions or couldn't be bothered to make the runs, and until he realises he's not the finished article and he doesn't know better than his managers, he'll amount to nothing.

One of a growing list of players who thought they'd be better off going with another club over City. Usually (Sanchez etc) it fills me with a bitter satisfaction to see their career nosedive. With Leroy, it's just a bit sad.

He hasn't improved since the last time Pep didn't play him, for all the same reasons he's struggling now. So we wouldn't take him back.
It is a little difficult to improve when you join a side with 3 players already playing left wing to a standard far better than the rest of the league, so he got put out on the other wing, and then the National side do it as well, all the while getting slagged of because he was better at Pep`s team playing the German style better than Bayern.
Do not think Pep trying to get that extra yard out of Sane is the same as the German Legends butchery.

for me sane and the media fell for the united style of writing up and big up a player after one season
i remember skysports gary neville drooling over sane and saying he is a superstar and city have a player ?

sorry even winning the title or a cup and having a great first season is a danger to a team and the player
you start to listen to the media. all the crap about how good you are and you can become billy big bollocks and you think i can do what you like ?

football is a team sport for a reason and without your team mates and manager your nothing
if you think you can start to mess around or don't give 100% then start looking for shortcuts then its game over

i always remember pep going mental with sane on the touchlines and not listening or helping the team
he would lose the ball and turn off or walk around waving his hands if he did not get the pass

look the lad could have had it all at man city its he worked on his game and listen to pep ? even in the champions league last season i think he would have played a major part if he stayed. but the lad is not a pep type of player or should i say a team player and lazy

I think this is so true. It is also true of other players. I don't think many of the City players like Pep because he drives them crazy with his intensity. But he drives them on to achieve greatness. Messi has said Pep made him the player he became. Critics always say Pep could not have won the CL without Messi. But there is no doubt that Barca side with Messi would not have become one of the greatest of all time without Pep. Look what Pep did with Fabian Delph!
And Zinch, Raz, Stones, Kyle even.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.